blown motor

DaPortugee

:
06 Mazdaspeed6
Hey all
I just threw a rod in my speed6. Was thinking of doin the rebuild myself. So I am looking for any info anyone might have about getting a rebuild kit or the parts. Anything you guys may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

protege garage has a complete rebuild kit on his site and he can get just about any part

I was looking on the site but only saw the short block. Ill look again.

And I couldnt remember the screen name for them so if you (protegegarage) see this PM me so I can ask about some parts.

thanks

Last edited:
yeah sorry i didn't see the mazda 6 thing....my bad, i'll smack myself in the head for ya.....umm...i will look through all the sites i got book marked though for ya

Hey all
I just threw a rod in my speed6. Was thinking of doin the rebuild myself. So I am looking for any info anyone might have about getting a rebuild kit or the parts. Anything you guys may have would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

you out of warranty? if so I can understand. but if not why not have the dealer do it? they would just put in a new motor?

I was looking on the site but only saw the short block. Ill look again.

And I couldnt remember the screen name for them so if you (protegegarage) see this PM me so I can ask about some parts.

thanks

thats me! if you go with the pauter rods you need to also get aftermarket pistons. hit me up and we can talk.

Wasnt all that exciting really. It started with a quiet ticking sou8nd for a day. Then was headed back to work. after a mile or so I left a stop sign at 1/4 throttle, shifted into second, got back on the throttle and BOOM! The car did sputter just a tiny bit in first before it went. And had backfired a couple times in the week before but I just hadnt had a chance to get it into the shop so I was babying it and still lost it.

As far as mods, not much. CAI and cat back is all for the motor. had 70,000 miles and well cared for.

And Captain Ill get with you next week. Hoping to get the engine out by next weekend. Gotta clean my dam garage now. At least the lady of the house will be happy!

an ms3 recently blew and the dealer found it was a pin on one of the rods that let loose. could be a weak link.

Wasnt all that exciting really. It started with a quiet ticking sou8nd for a day. Then was headed back to work. after a mile or so I left a stop sign at 1/4 throttle, shifted into second, got back on the throttle and BOOM! The car did sputter just a tiny bit in first before it went. And had backfired a couple times in the week before but I just hadnt had a chance to get it into the shop so I was babying it and still lost it.

As far as mods, not much. CAI and cat back is all for the motor. had 70,000 miles and well cared for.

And Captain Ill get with you next week. Hoping to get the engine out by next weekend. Gotta clean my dam garage now. At least the lady of the house will be happy!

alright, just pm or email me when you need to

Well it looks like the block is cracked and the tranny has a hole punched in it.
Looks like she is goin in the trash.

My baby is done and gone! (cryhard)

hey you are in livermore ca whats up bra , im from fremont 510 ,, , , , Sorry to hear about your motor , were you on the hard and running it hard or did it just blow under normal load???

hey you are in livermore ca whats up bra , im from fremont 510 ,, , , , Sorry to hear about your motor , were you on the hard and running it hard or did it just blow under normal load???

UH..he already told us. (stoned)

If you're willing to do a rebuild why not find a junkyard engine and trans? A complete driveline from a totalled MS6?

Back