Blow-Off Valve???

JoeHoff04

Hey i just wanted to kno, if there is anyone i can make the stock blow off valve louder without replacing it??? does anyone kno if that could be done or not

Mayb e raise the boost, but I'm still not sure that would work. I'm running a bosch valve and it's way louder and no stalling.

JoeHoff04 said:
Hey i just wanted to kno, if there is anyone i can make the stock blow off valve louder without replacing it??? does anyone kno if that could be done or not

well if you're talking about the stock piece, its a bpv (bypass valve)... it doesn't vent to atmosphere like BOVs do, so it won't ever really sound like a BOV. If you get an intake it will make the stock BPV more noticeable though.

I like the bpv sound. I have an aftermarket on and it's pretty loud close or at wot. I've heard some very loud stock ones on the msp...I don't they did though..sorry

stock bpv gets loud when you put an intake on, its the turkey sound just so you know, loved by some, hated by others.

stock bpv gets loud when you put an intake on, its the turkey sound just so you know, loved by some, hated by others.

lol the turkey sound isnt the stock bpv working the turkey comes from comprssor surge. for those of you that dont know what that is...when you shift the throttle plate closes and where does that air go thats pressurized in the ic pipes? since the stock bpv dosent work that well all that air gets forced back onto the turbo making the blades rotate the opposite direction hence the sound. the sound gets louder when you put an intake on or even if you put a cone filter on the stock intake pipe

lol the turkey sound isnt the stock bpv working the turkey comes from comprssor surge. for those of you that dont know what that is...when you shift the throttle plate closes and where does that air go thats pressurized in the ic pipes? since the stock bpv dosent work that well all that air gets forced back onto the turbo making the blades rotate the opposite direction hence the sound. the sound gets louder when you put an intake on or even if you put a cone filter on the stock intake pipe

Yeah i know what surge is and it is a highly debated topic on whether it is or isn't on this car. Let's not get into it, but disconnect your BPV and you'll hear it in a totally different way. I was answering his question, is there a way to make the stock louder, yeah, add an intake.

really? i can shut my type s all the way and it will still make the same sound it made when i had the cone filter on the stock air intake. maybe my bpv never worked in the 1st place lol

running the dual set-up and then I tried it with just the type s and by passed the bpv, but it was still set too tight, the sound was much worse very harsh sounding and it would happen even with little to no boost even. Listen closely to a stock evo and you'll hear the same turkey sound our cars make.

Just upgrade to hardpipes and run a dual setup. Then you won't have the stalling and you'll have the BOV sound that I think your looking for. I'm partial to the HKS super sequential but the greddy is just as good.

Just upgrade to hardpipes and run a dual setup. Then you won't have the stalling and you'll have the BOV sound that I think your looking for. I'm partial to the HKS super sequential but the greddy is just as good.

Would u mind explaining how to do this? I am an ASE certified tech but this is my first turbo car. I appreciate it!

sorry...and could u list everything i need to buy? (besides the BOV obviously)..and possibly a few sites to check out for parts? Just sold my Integra today after over a decade with Hondas so I could get some parts for my new MSP:p
I ordered the hiboost FMIC last night so would all I need is a BOV?

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back