Blew my Motor!

okay dude, i mean this guy at JDMenginezone in clifton NJ he ahs a few for me to look at soo ill pick a good one thanks dude, ill keep u posted on the build

Hey everyone, so i posted a thread before saying i MIGHT have blown my motor but i finally did, sounds like a rod knock, a very very badd one, my mechanic wanted me to find out if there is a cheaper way of going about it than actually spending 1200 dollars to ken from protegegarage.com he said try to find a forge piston kit with everything to rebuild the bottem end i really dont wanna go over 800 for all this cause i dont have much to spend, soo can someone please give me an Idea on my options (2003 Mazdaspeed Protege Milleage: 87,500 Bone stock nothing done to it)

Thank You.

dude i also blew my motor. i got mine from orng1 (bob) i 750 it was from a p5. the motor looked real clean also runs great. if u live in so cali. he could real help u out. look him up and pm him. pm him name orgn1. or just go to the fourm regular protege we are alway there also.(RTM)

I ran into the same thing 3 weeks ago.
Blew my engine - a lot of mechanics couldn't understand why Mazda had a company build up a Turbo on a stock FS engine.

I had to confirm and re confirm. My motor swap went hicupless - minus my rear o2 sensor not giving proper Voltage.

ANyways, your golden bro - just find an engine with the least amount of miles if possible where the cost is good marginally.
IT IS THE EXACT MOTOR. As everyone else has suggested with part swapping - that IS exactly what needs to be done - nothing fancy but the oil tap pan for your return.

At least you didn't blow two holes through your block which created havoc for replacing several other parts (boom03)

if u go to and type regular protege you will find and see the how in my block. orng1 took them when he took the motor to bakersfield.

Lol yes me, orng1.

In Jersey try CustomMSP, he might still be out on business but at the very least he'll recommend a reputable spot. He has a lot of knowledge on this car too. More than I do.

Back