Bikingpro5 supercharged Protege5

Status
Not open for further replies.
SC outlet is almost finished, just a few more welds and some cleaning up, not bad for some welding rookies.

IMG-20120512-00379.jpg

IMG-20120512-00380.jpg

IMG-20120512-00381.jpg

well time for some food before its back out to the shop to cut/weld some metal.

looks really good. care to hold it up to the supercharger how it will be mounted and snap some pics? also what is the hole for? temp sensor?

looks really good. care to hold it up to the supercharger how it will be mounted and snap some pics? also what is the hole for? temp sensor?

there will be all kinds of pics once its finished, the hole was where cres had his bov mounted i reused the mounting plate and piece of pipe to make mine. I just need to weld that shut next then clean everything up before it gets coated.

I don't know how I haven't been subbed to this... Easily one of the cleanest and well put together Protege5's out there. Big fan of the wood in the hatch haha.

Love your car BikingPro, can't wait to see the finished SC set up.

I don't know how I haven't been subbed to this... Easily one of the cleanest and well put together Protege5's out there. Big fan of the wood in the hatch haha.

Love your car BikingPro, can't wait to see the finished SC set up.

thanks

It was a good thing I sent those pieces lol.

ya all of your pieces are in a pile on the floor now.. not sure how you welded them but the welds never took so once we cleaned up the beads the pieces simply fell apart.. so all of these pieces have completely been made by us in the garage. But im glad you sent them so we could match the plates.

So nobody got up and running this weekend huh. me, brian_mp5t or you. :( Soon enough though. No rush.

thanks

ya all of your pieces are in a pile on the floor now.. not sure how you welded them but the welds never took so once we cleaned up the beads the pieces simply fell apart.. so all of these pieces have completely been made by us in the garage. But im glad you sent them so we could match the plates.

Most of the time you shouldn't grind weld beads. It greatly reduces their strength. Especially on thinner materials. Just my $.02

Most of the time you shouldn't grind weld beads. It greatly reduces their strength. Especially on thinner materials. Just my $.02

this is true, only thing we did was clean up the beads/metal around them with a flap disk(still new to welding myself). But i can tell looking in the pipe that the previous welds did not penetrate the metal at all.

Mine ran too. Sounded like death. Doesn't count unless it was driven to work this morning :p

well wont be driven till i receive the last few needed parts, air filter, exhaust. I'm also in no crazy hurry since its cold/wet here to drive on my summer tires.. we still hit just around freezing a few nights ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back