Better response time for drive by wire cars

$330.00? I don't buy it. Why wouldn't the manufacturers want real-time throttle response? We used to have it in a conventional TB setup...sounds fishy to me.

It sounds like they're doing nothing but taking the signal being produced and making it so that the engine is seeing a larger throttle request than is being asked for. I imagine that you'll reach WOT at about 80-85% throttle or so.

As far as ordering one, I'd get the one that says "Mazda". ;)

Theres one that says Mazda, where! But whatever this thing does, it works and makes the throttle more responsive, it put my mind at ease to hear about other people installing it.

this sounds like the Jet modules they sell for performance increases. All the Jet modules do is advance the fuel table to a lower throttle input. For example, if you are at 50% throttle, the ECU is tricked into seeing 100% throttle. So you do not really increase peak performance at all.

Regardless of what it does to make the car respond faster, it does, as long as when I step on the pedal it wants to move, thats all I want.

FBW gives the Engineers more flexibility. The FBW system allows the Engineer to place throttle bodies and intake pieces in better positions than are allowed by mechanical means.

Is this issue really that bad with this style of thtotle body? If so then why change from what has worked for so long?

FBW gives the Engineers more flexibility. The FBW system allows the Engineer to place throttle bodies and intake pieces in better positions than are allowed by mechanical means.
Thats why. It's all laggy too.

turn the ignition key to 'on position'. (don't start the car yet). step on the gas pedal, floor it. Then release pedal and start the car. Drive. I make it a habit to do this and so far, the dbw lag does not bother me that much. maybe it's psychological . lolz.

no that system sends the hot coolant around the throttlebody instead of through it.

do a few searches - theres a few posts on that subject (throttle coolant bypass) and has been proven to improve power slightly due to cooler intake charges.

I did this on my LS1 w/ no adverse effects.

The SprintBooser works OK, People doubting it need to look on some of the Crossfire Forums or SLK Forums, its a legit DBW response booster.

The accelerator is not controlled by a direct cable to the gas pedal. It has handled by a couple of potentiometers and the cars ECU.

The accelerator is not controlled by a direct cable to the gas pedal. It has handled by a couple of potentiometers and the cars ECU.

Ok, thanks!

Oh, BTW, I just reminded myself how useful Wikipedia can be. I just looked up the terms "drive by wire" and ECU. Wikipedia has some very useful and easy-to-understand info!

Vince

Last edited:
Back