Best way to paint calipers

rdemattio

:
2008 Mazda 3 I Sport
Hey guys, I wanted to paint my calipers on my Mazda 3. I read a walk through on Krystm's garage and it seems pretty easy. I was going to sand blast my calipers to get them extra clean, but do you think its necessary? Seems like they got the caliper extremely clean with just a brush and the cleaner that comes with the G2 kit. If so, I am going to save myself the time and just paint the calipers while they are still on the car. I'll do this while I put my new corksport mud flaps on =]
Thanks Ryan

I don't know if you're still wondering.. my guess is that you've already done it. When I did mine I used sand paper and one of those wire brush discs on a drill to get the calipers real clean. If I hadn't bought the g2 kit, I wouldn't have minded not painting them; that's how good they looked. Definitely use the spray it comes with too... it gets a lot of the dust that's left on there after the sanding. Then just make sure to get 3 coats on there. I left the calipers on the rotors when I did it. You just need to be careful to tape everything up properly. Mine still look great. The G2 is a great kit... well worth the 40$

Back