best type of drill bit to drill through hood?

I gave up half way down the hood.

well, if it's that hard to drill little holes for LEDs, I guess I'll give up on my plans of going old school with those big old time Christmas tree lights. Just snake the chord through the fire wall and plug into a converter; it would have been sweet.

so much for installing that moon roof in the middle of my hood....Wait I have a carbon fiber hood, Its on like donkey kong LOL

so much for installing that moon roof in the middle of my hood....Wait I have a carbon fiber hood, Its on like donkey kong LOL

Install it backwards, that way you have a hood scoop when you want and have that SLEEPER look when you want as well.

im guessing your installing hood pins :)

If this was a serious thread, would anyone install hood pins into a stock metal hood? Well I can't say that because I am sure it has been done before... but really let's hope not. (headshake:D

If this was a serious thread, would anyone install hood pins into a stock metal hood? Well I can't say that because I am sure it has been done before... but really let's hope not.

I have. It looks cool and the extra weight helps keep my front tires planted in the corners

I have. It looks cool and the extra weight helps keep my front tires planted in the corners

Well if you wanted that then you should have installed a Carbon Fiber racing wing on the hatch. Not only does it save weight but it keeps the car planted at high speeds!

Well if you wanted that then you should have installed a Carbon Fiber racing wing on the hatch. Not only does it save weight but it keeps the car planted at high speeds!

oh i have that too..... i can drive my car upside down because of all the extra downforce from my wing and hood pins

oh i have that too..... i can drive my car upside down because of all the extra downforce from my wing and hood pins

Speaking of super sweet racing wings, I just helped with my buddy's wing on his speed6. We ran into the same problem with the drill bits though so we had to only use double sided tape.
3405888348_97f8860b5c_o.jpg

Subaru makes a LED studded hood. Not sure if you know this but its a perfect fit on Mazdaspeed 3s

Back