Best tint on Titanium Gray?

TigrMsP

:
2003.5 MSP
I'm probably going to get some money for a tint job for Christmas, but thing is, I'm not sure what would look best on the Titanium. I don't want to go to dark. 32% is legal limit here in GA.

Opinions?

whatever u do, don't get ne mirror fades or ne thing. just get limo tint in the back if u can and then do 25% up front

I'd recommend getting the same % of tint on all windows. Just because you can have more, doesn't mean it will look better IMHO. I just had 35% done, and think it's dark enough to make a difference, not too dark to cause problems. Standard black color of course.

-Scott

I think the Quantum tint would look sweet on Titanium. It has a slightly reflective look to it. Almost a black chrome. But it's not mirror.

My mom just did her Audi in some new Metallic based tint. She thinks it's 3M but I didn't go with her so I dunno. Looks very nice on Audi Silver. Same as typical 20% black until about 5 feet away it has a reflective quality to it that picks up the paint on the car in the right light.

I like the look of the quantum or 'aluminum' look. just barely reflective, but not mirror... I'll probably look more into that.

20% 3M Scotchtint all around
non-metallic & dye-free so it will NEVER change color
lifetime warranty (because people always ask me, but every respectable tint place I've ever heard of does this)

171003-DELETE1.jpg

181003-DELETE02.jpg

181003-DELETE03.jpg

20% is perfect...not too dark to see out at night, but dark enough that most people can't see in (especially good for security). You need to check the laws in your state, but legal in FL is 28, so I never have any problems. I almost always drive with my windows down during the day anyway, so there are no worries.

Is your windshield tinted? I didn't know there were states that was legal. I know Alabama used to be.

i have 15% all the way around, which is illegal and it still looks too light for me...lol. i wanted to go 5%, but couldnt get anyone to do it that dark

It doesn't really matter here in GA what's legal and what's not. You can easily find a shop that will go darker than the limit and still offer you a lifetime warranty, but no receipt...

I've had 20% on my del Sol and liked it quite well, but it was black, so it went together. I can't decide if I should lighten up the tint or not on the MSP.

chino: If you look carefully at the 1st pic, you'll see my tint strip. The guy who did it offered to tint the whole front window with 50%, but I wanted to keep perfect visibility in the front.

aerophlo: I know several people who have done 5% & they all agree it's too dark. It might look great from the outside, but it's almost impossible to see out at night.

TigrMsP: My friend lives in GA & he got 11% on his black WRX. Of course that looked great, but I think 20% is the best compromise between looks & safety. This is my 3rd car & I've had tint on every one...the last 2 have been 20% & I've been very happy with the results.

I vote 20% also. I got 30% up front and 20% on the rest of the windows on mine. If I could get it done again, I'd go 20% all around for sure.

Black Majik MSP, your ride looks awesome with the 20%.

true, with my 15% its already pretty hard to see out at night, but that might be also cuz i have neons inside the car

Latest posts

Back