:
Protege5
ES
coatedP5equallength.jpg

AWR
header4.jpg

Ok, the question is, the ES Header claims 10 hp and 20 trq

The AWR DYNOS ~ 11hp and 11 trq

for the same price i can have the ES, 2 cats (one high flow w/ a msp downpipe, one stock) and catback

or

AWR, midpipe with one highflow cat and midpipe, and catback

keep in mind im in california, so i can't really go catless and am marginal about going -1 cat

anyways, which of those combos would give the best power/performance etc

Thanks, lets get a little debate going

ES for low down torque. the reason being is look how hard the bends are in the header. gases dont like hard bends like that when they are travelling fast (ie high rpm)

awr for high. absolutely no doubt

but having said that equinox made power down low with his awr header...

AWR...You will defintely get more performance..simply becuase i had a header on my car...the car pulled nicely on the highway! Definetly could feel it on the but dyno!

Chas

What is tha hole left next to the header when it is on the engine? i saw it on the awr site. On thier racing car they have another pipe runnign out of it straigt to the ground. anyone know what im talking about>?

I have no personal experience with neither of the products

but I am assumping the "es" one is equal length, that would be my choice if the price aint that bad

AWR all the way show me some dyno sheets for the ES header, but from what i have seen they won't make much power with the cat there.

Yaegs4life said:
What is tha hole left next to the header when it is on the engine? i saw it on the awr site. On thier racing car they have another pipe runnign out of it straigt to the ground. anyone know what im talking about>?

I think your talking about the EGR.. It route some exhauste back into the intake.

Back