Best lowering springs?

theevilm

:
'03 Mazda Protege LX
What are the best lowering springs to get? I'm between megan's, tein's or eibachs. They're all around the same price range and they each have a different drop. Anyone have experieince with any of them? And would I have to replace the stock struts or is it as simple as putting the new spring in a driving.

Megans are good springs but they have a super compression rate. So you will need new struts, and not cheap ones. Like the tokico illumina.
The eibach are super good springs also and they work with most struts. I got myself the prokit cause i find the drop pretty decent and the reviews says that they offer great handling.

I dont have much infos on the teins but they give a racket look by lowering the front lots more than the back.

You could always keep your old struts but they will wear off much faster than aftermarket ones cause they arent made for lowering springs.

your stock struts will probably be fine the springs mentioned wont drop the car enough to start blowin struts, but a different spring rate can always potentially cause problems so for that reason you may be btter with say, tokico blues at least. Ive had megan springs on tokico blues for a couple years now and even tho they are probly the stiffest spring option, i wouldnt want then to be any softer for handling reasons. (which is greatly better than 4x4 stock mode and will feel about twice as stiff as oe, but not dash thundering stiff, like coils would be - FYI) as for the lowering aspect, megans drop the front the lowest of your options, and the eibachs drop the rear the most, i beilive, whereas the megans wont drop the rear much.. megans are also the cheapest going for like 160, and for me they hold up great

I've just read a bunch of bad reviews about Megan's is all. And for the time being I'd keep the stock struts. When I get more money I'll throw in some blues. My dad has tein springs with kyb gr2 struts and it sits really low. You can't stick your hand between the fender and the tire. I'm just hesitant about Megan's and I'm leaning towards the other two.

I'm running tokcio blues with eibach springs and I love it really. Pretty stiff, not as stiff as I want, but for price and drop I'm really happy with them. Personally it's a good setup for something that's a DD. I'm ready for coilovers though. :)

And that's why I bought struts and springs. Lol but over all I'm really happy with them. I just hope coilovers will give me the same drop one day.

all the coilover set ups available for the protege are cheap..

lol jus remember you get what you pay for mate

Latest posts

Back