Best looking hubcaps you've ever seen

It was a can of "Neon Green", and a can of semi-gloss clearcoat for plastics from the hardware store. Go 'till empty!

As for the logo, if you spraypainted anything before, you know that it can peel off like a film. So, after the paint dried, I went to it with a tiny flathead screwdriver, and just scrubbed it off, before applying the clear.

Best $20 ever spent

Love all the colored steelies!! I couldn't find a set of steelies so I grabbed some old 90s Saturn wheels lol.. They are currently being polished and then will be accented with neon yellow powdercoat + glow in the dark additive. I'll post pics in here when done. We should rename this the crazy wheel color thread lol!!

Teaser!

2a6690b5.jpg

So not to derail this thread much more I started a new thread:
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showthread.php?123809296-Saturn-wheels&p=5858057#post5858057

Thanks all and I'll be the first to admit that I didn't do it the proper way. I did a quick scuff of the wheels with some sandpaper, wiped them down and then sprayed them. All in all it is holding up ok and I noticed after washing the car last weekend for the first time since they've been on there are some spots where it's chipped. I'm not upset about it...they are winter wheels and I planned on re-painting them a different color this summer anyway. For those interested in doing this the proper way there is a how-to thread out there.

Jess...can't wait to see how those Saturn wheels turn out!!

I'm green with envy...Please explain what you did exactly. How much? Those look to be the actual hub caps? Looking to turn my wheels(mags) green.
Damn straight. Add some spice to your winter wheels....or your summer wheels, because you can't afford alloys (me) :D

attachment.php

attachment.php

...I went to it with a tiny flathead screwdriver, and just scrubbed it off, before applying the clear.

so you just scrapped off paint from the shinny M without scraping it all up?

Looks clean and i like it btw...

Damn, that was you on the QEW Niagara on Sun(Feb 26, 2012) I saw around 2pm. As soon as I saw those bright green hubcaps, I knew I'd seen you on this forum! Colour combo/contrast quite jarring in person, let me tell you!

I just did my wheels Gloss Back ( pearl White car) Turned out perfect and everyone loves the look (stash)

Now I want to do this with my steelies.... Project for next winter i suppose!

Haha! Yeah, I go to Stoney Creek now and again every few weeks. If my driving was erratic, it wasn't me behind the wheel! hehe

Damn, that was you on the QEW Niagara on Sun(Feb 26, 2012) I saw around 2pm. As soon as I saw those bright green hubcaps, I knew I'd seen you on this forum! Colour combo/contrast quite jarring in person, let me tell you!

Nice, yeah, I was getting mine undercoated as well... Seen a few other 2's out that way.

Damn, I have to admit that looks really good. It reminds me of the rally rims they used to put on the Lancers, around the EVO V or so. How many coats did you have to do before it was enough?

You asked for it...lol Threw in a bonus pic of Kyle's blue P5 with key lime green wheels. :)

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Back