Best LED DRL's for a 2014 GT w/tech?

rcs914

:
2014 CX-5 GT w/Tech - Meteor Grey
Hi All -

When I bought my car, shortly thereafter I bought a set of the LED DRL's off of ebay that replaced the low wattage incandescents that were there when I bought it. Well just recently all but a few LEDs have given up on one of the lights, so I figured I should replace them. It's been about 3 years, so I thought I should check and see what's the current recommendation. I do have the tech package with HID lights, so those lights on my car are only used for DRL. Are there any single CREE lights vs the array of LEDs on the ones I bought previously?

Thanks,

Chris

My VLEDs haven't failed me yet. IIRC...installed DRLs and fogs around 10/2014.

They are located north of me in Bellingham, WA....just south of BC.

I bought the ijdmtoy bulbs when I first bought in 2012, those lasted about 2.5 years I wanna say. Then last April I bought these cheap CREE ones from ebay, no idea who the seller was and some of the led's have went out on these as well. Total of about $30 spent in 4 years, not too bad. About to purchase these next https://www.amazon.com/dp/ (commissions earned) for $11.99 I'll give them a shot and hope they last at least 2 more :D

I vote to just unplug the goofy things, unless you live in Canada. If you could get about 2k lumens out of them and keep them on with the headlights, maybe they'd be worth the weird look.

Another VLEDS fan here. I installed mine 2 years ago. You'll need the P13W bulb and can order it in either the 5K (closer to the 4300 Kelvin HID bulb color) or as I did, the 6K for a bit more bluer look. This retrofit works especially well with the Tech-equipped CX-5 and HID bi-xenons since the DRLs function only as DRLs.

VLEDS specs these at 850 lumens and they are plenty of bright enough without being annoying.

Back