Best / easiest way to protect stock CX-5 2016 GT rims during winter months

:
Mazda CX-5 2106.5
I live in New England, looking to see how the best/easiest way is to protect the stock GT rims during the winter months. I'd like to avoid buying a set rims for the winter. Is there a proven wax or sealer that one can put on in the Fall season that will hold up to the harsh road conditions during the winter? I love the way my 2016 GT rims look, hoping to keep them that way.

If you're in NE you'll want winter rubber, either on the 19"s or a dedicated set of 17"s.

I've got a set of steel 17"s with studded snow tires for sale. ~10k miles on them. $500.

I don't know the rules here for advertising stuff for sale. PM me if you want the link.

If you're in NE you'll want winter rubber, either on the 19"s or a dedicated set of 17"s.

I've got a set of steel 17"s with studded snow tires for sale. ~10k miles on them. $500.

I don't know the rules here for advertising stuff for sale. PM me if you want the link.

I think as long as you aren't shilling the hell out of something to the point of being annoying, you're G2G to open post. We all know how insanely heavy-handed moderation here is, anyways...

I don't think there is a sealer around that will withstand a full new england winter. Unless you're really meticulous of washing your car and retreating the rims. I'd just bite the bullet and buy snow tires on a pair of steel rims.

These rims are pretty solid. Mazda did not skimp on these. 21 I assume you're Winters are slightly worse then ours. Our roads are probably worse. I think you might be over thinking this. Just wash them any chance you get to get the salt off.

As I inspect my rims when I get home and find a scratch. Doh!

I use Jetseal 109 on mine.

IMG_3119.jpg

As I inspect my rims when I get home and find a scratch. Doh!

Yeah I was gonna say. These rims look amazing but are not solid at all. I have multiple scratches on them and I have never hit my rims on anything.

Back