Votes: 41 8.8%
  • Laser Blue

Votes: 82 17.5%
  • Midnight Blue

Votes: 44 9.4%
  • Black

Votes: 77 16.5%

• Total voters
black is a good color for 90% of all cars-except a wagon, and is a b**** to keep clean

silver is a easy clean color-but not a 4 door car color,like your trying too hard to be sporty

the blues are nice, but that lighter one makes it look like a clown car, and the darker one makes it look dingy

only emergency vehichles should be white, and that s*** shows chips and dirt like no other color

the yellow on the p5 is better then that yellow they had for the wrx, but the clown car theory pops into mind again

now red not only matches the inside guages, but Ferrari said it himself "red is the color of speed"-plus as a compact wagon it makes the most sense.
"little red wagon" like the radio flyer.

Not that the color adds anything to the performance depending on the paint(too much specialty paint like flakes and irradecents weigh cars down, it take gallons of that s*** for those looks) but ive been puled over so many time for "looking" like i was speeding

these r just my opinions, i dont knock any of you for your choices-and when certain mods are done to the body styling these opinions all change-like gurlyp5's that pro looks much better with the kit

now it would look great if it was molded and shaved down and clearcoated like all aftermarket kits wer ment to be, but that is another one of my opinions for another poll i wont vote on but add my priceless wisedom.

now red not only matches the inside guages, but Ferrari said it himself "red is the color of speed"-plus as a compact wagon it makes the most sense.
"little red wagon" like the radio flyer.
Speed? Are you sure you're driving a Protege5?

I'd expect to see yellow or red on a sporty car rather than silver anyday.. Most of the time that I see Ferraris or Lamborghinis or any of those types of cars they're one of those two colors.. Although silver or black are the best colors you could get for a C5 Corvette IMO.. Just a bit lower class than the exotics though. :)

Also, I had a white Celica GT-S.. I didn't want it in white but it was the only color I could get for the price.. So I settled for it.. I believe that white hides dirt better than any color and depending on what color the material under the paint is, it doesn't show chips too bad unless the urethane is black. I never really realized how dirty the car was until I washed it. And then after that I was just like "wow!"

Why do they even build White cars???

omitting Midnight Blue since that's what I drive and I'm biased...

Yellow
Red
Laser Blue
Black
Silver
White

TexP5 said:
And you find excitment, emotion and definition in WHITE???? I want some of whatever drugs you use.
-Searching for comments I made about white. Zero results returned.-

Lisakay said:
I call it "stealth" :D
I dunno about that, I think a couple black micas would disagree. :D Unless you mean stealth to cops, then I agree, definitely not a cop magnet color. Sleeper!

clownphish said:
I dunno about that, I think a couple black micas would disagree. :D Unless you mean stealth to cops, then I agree, definitely not a cop magnet color. Sleeper!
White cars get less attention from cops. Statistically proven.

Replica said:
White cars get less attention from cops. Statistically proven.
I dont think anyone doubts that...Sucky thing about white cars, whcih anyone who owns one will find out or already has found out is that white enver matches white...What I mean by that is if you ever get in an accident and have certain body panels repainted, or put on a body kit, etc The new paint is almost Impossible to adequately match to the old paint. And where most colors are more forgiving, white is very easy to see the difference. It also never looks as new as the first year or so that you have it. Unless you wetsand and buff it every 6months, and repaint it every 3years.

Iconoclast said:
where in that post did i say anything about the car being fast?
that's what i thought you were getting at with the post about Ferrari saying red is the color of speed.. "plus..."

i believe I was mistaken. :)

And white cars are cop magnets if they're lowered with an exhaust and intake! Found that one out pretty quick. It does suck about the paint thing though. Even the FACTORY paint didn't really match perfectly where it had been painted on over urethane vs metal.

yellow is best when compared with other bone stock pr5s. When modded (exterior) I might lean towards silver or black.

protegeV said:
I dont think anyone doubts that...Sucky thing about white cars, whcih anyone who owns one will find out or already has found out is that white enver matches white...What I mean by that is if you ever get in an accident and have certain body panels repainted, or put on a body kit, etc The new paint is almost Impossible to adequately match to the old paint. And where most colors are more forgiving, white is very easy to see the difference. It also never looks as new as the first year or so that you have it. Unless you wetsand and buff it every 6months, and repaint it every 3years.
That's weird, I had a white civic, 94, and the paint looked great. Its previous owner left it outside all the time and never washed it. Once I bought it I clay bared it and waxed it. Turned out great. The paint was nice and shiney the day I sold it. Are Mazdas different?

Back