2017~2024 Best brake pads for CX-5?

:
RGV Texas
:
2018 Mazda CX-5 Sport FWD
Hi Guys, I have a '18 Mazda CX-5 FWD. Which brake pads do you recommend in order to reduce braking distance?

Last edited:
Don’t expect a large difference in braking distance compared to factory pads - at least for normal driving. Recommending a particular brand is pretty worthless since most have numerous compounds for each vehicle. Some high performance pads will not stop shorter until they get very hot, like on a track. Some make more noise, some make less dust, all from the same manufacturer. Unless someone recommends a particular compound from a certain brand on a CX-5 you should contact the pad manufacturer for guidance. I have no experience with aftemarket pads on a CX-5 but have had good overall results on other vehicles with Hawk HPS pads.

5 years after buying a brand new CX-5, I replaced the front pads with ATE Ceramic 13.0470-5665.2
I can't confirm that brake distance is now shorter than before (I've never really put myself in a situation where I have to brake hard). But there's no more black dust all over the wheels, so it's much easier to clean everything. Now I just have to change rear pads as they squeal as I go slowly into reverse and will probably buy the ATE Ceramic as well.

Back