Berto 24 Protege Turbo build

Pick up some things today! AARP head studs and a Borg Warner GM-8.It looks a little rusty but its good no shaft play spins easily trim is .50/.63 . First a little ceramic coating for the exhaust turbine and maybe powder coat the compressor.

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
I'm interested to see how that gm8 works on your car. Those are pretty much throw away turbos at work. If it works, you can get a new center housing and rotating assembly for pretty cheap.

Finally got what what I wanted a BP05. Got a good offer, motor looks good and the block came with a BPT oil pan just great. Now the works begins again, new forged pistons and rods, new oil pump if billet better, new water pump, AARP head studs, probably everything new.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I forgot to update I change my front bumper for JDM one I have now a bigger intercooler have done some weight reductions and its lowered

Attachments

• IMG_20140410_225203.jpg
    IMG_20140410_225203.jpg
    927.6 KB · Views: 487
Moar videos ;)
So you're ditching the 1.6 then?
0-100 time?
Yeah I am going with a built BP 0-60 last time I test them where around mid 6's to high 6's not bad considering stock is 13secs
Let me see if I can find something

Yeah I am going with a built BP 0-60 last time I test them where around mid 6's to high 6's not bad considering stock is 13secs
Let me see if I can find something

mid 6's to high 6's (shocked).
That's almost half the time it usually takes! Wow.

Long time since posting here, well after a year of the car being parked finally finally swaped the old engine for another zm-de. Just when I am ready to start it for the first time it woundt start problem was the ecu somehow enter a lock mode for the car being so much time stopped. Now back to the present I got it to start but the car is just giving me hell , the car has a misfire, its backfiring, the idle its ultra high 3-4k rpms, the afr is super lean, so much the gauge goes ------ sometimes it normalize in the 13 area but then goes to ---- again, back and forth. The ultra high idle I solve it disconnecting the vacuum line that goes to the megasquirt, really dont know why that worked. Ok i have replaced coils,spark plugs, spark plug wires and nothing. Another thing the fuel I used has some porcent of ethanol so I was thinking since the car was parked so much time maybe have a cloged fuel pump filter or something. Maybe I need to clean and flowmatch the injectors. Well dont know what else to say..

Back