Bent wheels

MP5driva03

:
1995 Subaru Impreza AWD Wagon
Ok here's the deal:

Awhile back, I got shitrocked in a construction zone when I hit this massive 1 foot deep pothole at about 40mph. I am usually very careful about avoiding this, but it was night this time and I was following a damn truck, so I didnt see it until it was too late. Anyways, I was sure to pull over after the fact to inspect the vehicle, and everything seemed fine - from what I could tell anyway. Well, now that I'm back at school, I got a phone call from dad telling me that he took the car in to get serviced, and the dude at Mazda told him my two right wheels are totally messed up. The rear right one isn't as bad at the front right one, but nonetheless, they're pretty messed up. Now the problem is this: I have maybe two good stock wheels, without tires. The other two are really messed up, due to an accident I was in awhile back. My car would look SOOO rice with two aftermarket wheels and two stock ones. Now since I dont have a set of complete wheels anymore(not to mention tires), I am at a complete loss. It seems that the only option I have is to use the half-decent Motegi and just throw the stock wheel and a new tire on there. Either that, or the car is gonna be on blocks till summer when I can get home and fix her. I don't know what to do; sorry to vent here, but I don't know what else to do.:mad:

I feel your pain. I cracked one of my Subzero's and can't get another. Sold all 4 of my stockers. So, I have to wait 3 weeks for the cracked wheel to be fixed. Luckily a fellow member lent me one of his stockers for the time being. I'm in the process of finding a full size spare that'll fit in the spare tire well.

im in the process of looking for new rims because of the same sorta of thing, just have the rims straightened not hard dont really no what they look like or the cost of htem miine didnt cost enough to have them striagthened and re finshed

It was 95 at the place I went to for straightening. Total for my one was 140, 20 for mount/dismount/balance, 95 for straightening, and 25 for welding.(Ye olde Wheel Shop in Elkridge, MD)

Last edited:
Mike R said:
It was 95 at the place I went to for straightening. Total for my one was 140, 20 for mount/dismount/balance, 95 for straightening, and 25 for welding.(Ye olde Wheel Shop in Elkridge, MD)

Where did you go to get your wheel repaired? I recently bent one of my wheels off my Nissan. :(

it was 95 to get my bent rim fixed.. its because i have such low profile bulls*** tires on ..oh well.. live an learn.. next time ill just get 17s with bigger tires.

i got some 18"s for sale for 400 and they are brand new or a set of 16" steelies for 100 plus shipping

My car is in the shop for accident-related work, they are using two junkyard rims, got them for less than 100 apiece.

I was actully thinking of buying 1 stock wheel ( I have the chrome ones) to use as a spare if I ever need it. Maybe it's just me, but they seem so expensive. What is up with that?

Mike R said:

Hey, I pass by there every day!

Back