Believable?

beej336

:
2003 Mazda Protege5
Found this:

http://denver.craigslist.org/ctd/2058347036.html

but i cant tell if this is legitimate or not. i emailed him but he hasnt replied yet. figured i would come to you guys to see what you think as i wait for a response.

my guess is that it could either be a salvage title or with a ridiculous amount of miles.

also, how would you guys compare a 2003/4 Mazda6 sport like the one i linked to compared to a P5?

Typical scam.

When the scammer writes you back, he/she will tell you some sob story about losing his/her job, that's why the price is so low. Then he/she will tell you to use eBay to transfer the money using the "eBay Vehicle Protection Program". Don't fall for it.

I could be wrong, though...

-Jay

yeah sounds pretty fake. here was his response:

Hello,

My 2003 Mazda Mazda6 s with 55,782 original miles, runs and drives excellent. This car has been extremely well maintained with a full service history. It's in perfect condition without any mechanical problems, with no damages or hidden defects, no need for additional repairs, clear title without any accidents. This car runs and drives excellent. I have all the car's manuals, all the documents and papers.

I have dropped my price to $2,700.00 USD (purchase price) since this is an urgent sale and I need to sell it before November 20 when I will be deployed in Iraq with my platoon replacing the troops scheduled to come home.
To conclude this deal in a timely manner, the financial part will be managed by the eBay . They are acting like a third party in our deal. Which means that you will have 5 days inspection period before committing to buy the vehicle. In this way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

If you're interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner email me your Full Name, Home Address and Phone Number to open a case with eBay and they will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Kind regards
James Taylor
USAF

wowza obvious scam is obvious. BLECH.

but as for how the mz6 compares to p5?
well for one, the 6s is a v6, the p5 is a 2.0. obvious pwr difference, if you like a bit more pick-up n go.
handling, id honestly say the P5 handles better since the MZ6s was made purely as a family sedan.
but it doesnt take much modding to make it handle well too!
comfort is better, and interior cabin space is better, but you lose that nice large hatch trunk.

both good cars, at that point it is a pwr/newness/style preference.

maybe forward info to the authorities? impersonation of a military officer is a federal offence and if this indeed is a scam it makes me sick to think he would pretend to be one of our men in uniform. thats probably the most infuriating part. scumbags

maybe forward info to the authorities? impersonation of a military officer is a federal offence and if this indeed is a scam it makes me sick to think he would pretend to be one of our men in uniform. thats probably the most infuriating part. scumbags

he never said a rank.

And we in the Big Blue don't have platoons. We have flights.

but this is one of the most sickening forms of scams. report him.

Back