Beat a 911 Turbo!!

HooliganR6

:
2002 Yellow P5
......on my Yamaha R6
:p

Sorry I had to. Rode my bike to work this morning and wound up behind a 911 Turbo. He gun'ed it and I could not resist. God I love Power to Weight ratio! :D

I'd image it would be an older 911T - newer versions could easily challege 90-100whp Bikes...I'd guess. :)

What year R6 do you ride?

hhaha yea right..pretty much any bike thats over 600cc would take an 911T..Its just the matter of power/weight...thats all there is too it. Hell i've seen like 1976 Fairlane's 710cc take down porsches and bmw's..

Yeah, an R6 will get up to 60mph in about 3 seconds. I've seen them at the local tracks run 10-11 sec 1/4 miles all night long.

Yeah...It was a older 911T. I believe it was the air cooled one. Maybe early 90's.

A new 911T would def give a 600CC a run for it's money. But I think if it was a off the line race the bike would still win if the rider knew what he was doing. If it was open hi-way roll on the bike would eek out, but eventualy get reeled back in and passed top speed wise. Bikes are not very aerodynamic compared to a sports car.

Just some numbers:
1999 Yamaha R6 -

0-60 2.8-3.2 Seconds
1/4 Mile 10.90 - 11.30 seconds.

Once again...those numbers are there abouts. Because like I said, all depends on the rider. If it is a s*** rider on the bike a Yugo can beat them. Well......maybe not a Yugo. :p

Oh yeah...and if anyone cares to look, I have my sportbike website with vids and pics of myself at the track on my bike. Click my WWW button.

the new R6 (which is dead sexy) can run the 1/4 mi. in 10.84 sec. that's tested not claimed...

i'm thinking about getting another bike soon 600, can't decide between the new r6 or a cbr 600 rr

HooliganR6 said:
Yeah...It was a older 911T. I believe it was the air cooled one. Maybe early 90's.

A new 911T would def give a 600CC a run for it's money. But I think if it was a off the line race the bike would still win if the rider knew what he was doing. If it was open hi-way roll on the bike would eek out, but eventualy get reeled back in and passed top speed wise. Bikes are not very aerodynamic compared to a sports car.

Just some numbers:
1999 Yamaha R6 -

0-60 2.8-3.2 Seconds
1/4 Mile 10.90 - 11.30 seconds.

Once again...those numbers are there abouts. Because like I said, all depends on the rider. If it is a s*** rider on the bike a Yugo can beat them. Well......maybe not a Yugo. :p

Oh yeah...and if anyone cares to look, I have my sportbike website with vids and pics of myself at the track on my bike. Click my WWW button.

(cool)

:D

sundevilMP5 said:
the new R6 (which is dead sexy) can run the 1/4 mi. in 10.84 sec. that's tested not claimed...

i'm thinking about getting another bike soon 600, can't decide between the new r6 or a cbr 600 rr

The ZX6 R owns them... :D

Kawi 0wNs...

i thought about a zx but everybody i've talked to said they were a lot more unreliable when compared to the yamaha and honda

The ZX6 R owns them...

Hmmm...that's funny. Cause the R6 is about to clinch the AMA 600 Supersport title.

Also keep in mind that the ZX-6R and ZX-6RR are too different machines. The ZX-6R is what is used on the street and is not a true 600CC bike. It is actually a 636CC. The ZX-6RR is the 600CC machine which is used for racing in SuperSport. So I take that back....the R6 is going to win the title over the ZX-6RR.

Yes, the ZX-6R is fast straight line then a R6. But then again..Kawi had to bump their displacement to do it ;)

sundevilMP5 said:
i thought about a zx but everybody i've talked to said they were a lot more unreliable when compared to the yamaha and honda

blah -- Go talk to a zx owner :D

wait...you ARE!! :D

28K miles can't be wrong!

HooliganR6 said:
Hmmm...that's funny. Cause the R6 is about to clinch the AMA 600 Supersport title.

Also keep in mind that the ZX-6R and ZX-6RR are too different machines. The ZX-6R is what is used on the street and is not a true 600CC bike. It is actually a 636CC. The ZX-6RR is the 600CC machine which is used for racing in SuperSport. So I take that back....the R6 is going to win the title over the ZX-6RR.

Yes, the ZX-6R is fast straight line then a R6. But then again..Kawi had to bump their displacement to do it ;)

you are forgetting that I'm old. :) I don't want a race bike, I want a bike that's more fun on the street; most reviews I've read of new Kawa's is they are rockets down the straights, and very 'fun'...not the most nimble...but there's just something about how one 'feels' when riding.

Either of the bikes in this topic own MY bike, however...so I bow to them!

hehe :)

The R6 is a great bike. I picked up a 01' R6 a few months ago. In regards to other bikes I would say Yamaha/Suzuki, Honda, and then Kawi. I think Kawi are on the up and up but not quite there yet. No offense to anyone though. When it's time for a new bike I don't know if I'll go Yamaha or Suzuki.....I'm torn.

my CBR600 could whoop corvettes easily, so im sure his bike would whoop even a new 911...

I was in love with my GSX-R 600. I got a chance to run with a Viper and anihlated it.

The Kaws have always been really low on my list of bikes I want to own. My top three are as follows:

1. Agusta M4
2. Ducati 996
3. Suzuki GSX-R 750

a guy a work with has a 916... *drool* that's a freakin sweet bike.

He also has a Monster 900 that just got backed over by an X5. They guy had no license and no insurance. The bike also had about $4k worth of aftermarket stuff so he's gonna be getting screwed as far as getting the true value of the bike back.

Back