BC Residents no Aircare (emissions) for 7 years

urbanbiker

:
2003 MP5
well great news! I don't have to go to Aircare (emissions tesing in BC) till 2010. That gives me 3 years to do whatever I want to the car and not have to worry about emissions.

They just changed the rules here so that any newer car doesn't have to go through aircare till it is 7 years old!

Bonus

Matt

So, my 2002 doesn't have to go 'till 2009?

Does this mean that in April I can renew my insurance without having to go to Aircare first/

Or do I have to go one last time before the change takes effect?

Sorry, just checking...that way I can go cat-less and use straight pipe with a flex joint in place of the CAT until 2009...

P5inder said:
So, my 2002 doesn't have to go 'till 2009?

Does this mean that in April I can renew my insurance without having to go to Aircare first/

Or do I have to go one last time before the change takes effect?

Sorry, just checking...that way I can go cat-less and use straight pipe with a flex joint in place of the CAT until 2009...

2009, something like that. You'll get official confirmation in the mail a month of two before you have to renew your insurance. I have a 2002 also and didn't have to go this year.

I know eh, 3 more years for me. Thats a ton of time to have some fun. The only bad thing would be as soon as those 3 years are up (shocked) and all your mods are done.

But yeah, 2002 doesn't have to go till 2009. You can just renew your insurance without aircaring.

Matt

can't the cops still give you a ticket if you get pulled over and inspected? no emissions test just means you don't have to get one to renew your license.

If you get pulled over, you'll receive a notice to have the vehicle inspected. You'll be given something like three days to have it inspected. B4 you have it inspected, put the cat back on...

easy as pie...

Back