Battery Management warning

:
Mazda CX-5 2.2 Diesel 4WD
I received the warning "battery management inspection required" and flashing i-stop, a couple of days ago. I had noticed the battery was a little slow to start in cold temperature. The day after, the car wouldn't start at all. I have now replaced the battery. The car starts fine, but, the error message didn't dissapear, and i-stop is still flashing. Does this mean the problem isn't solved, or must the error message be deleted/reset?

similar posts

semi related:

might want to read this:

TLDR make sure you actually sourced a i-eloop battery and it also looks like the PCM needs a bit of TLC. if you have one of those ODB2 readers you may be able to simply clear it.

this page seems to have a process documented:

The process of initializing the battery on the Mazda CX 5: with the engine off, set the switch to the On position; models with displays display a warning message, disable it via the Info button; set the gearbox lever to neutral; release the brake; when the brake is depressed, press the gas pedal, the indicators on the panel will light up for a few seconds; without releasing the brake, press the gas three times, release it, the indicators should go out; release the brake. Initialization control is performed by pressing and holding the i-stop button. If the battery is properly charged, the i-stop indicator will blink green. With flashing yellow, initialization after disarming failed, please repeat.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back