Battery Cover

djza2u1

:
08 Black MS3
My battery cover is warped for some reason. Does anyone here run with out the cover. Is it a issue. I would hate to spend 20 bucks for a f***in cover.

Mine too! I'm going to get the rubber covers for the terminals and take it off, just leaving the lower box/bracket.

With the FMIC installed, the ducting has all been removed anyway. Now it's time to get a hood w/ scoop for better airflow in the engine bay.

I broke one of the clips that holds the cover on a while ago. I was just gonna leave it off but noticed that there was a little air duct on the hood above it. I didn't know if that was gonna mess with anything after the battery was exposed so i left the cover on. That probably isn't a problem for you since you have a fmic. Let me know if your car catches on fire when you put those rubber caps on

Hahahaha... hence why batteries for years have been completely exposed and only had 'condoms' on the terminals to prevent accidental arcing across the terminals.

For that matter, the covers are necessary and the ducting is supposed to push air into/through the battery box. With the FMIC, there is still more than enough airflow into the engine bay from the pressure zone at the front of the car.

Most new batteries are completely sealed nowdays. You can't even put water in them. I always replace the OEM battery with an Optima after a couple years. You can mount those suckers sideways or upside-down if you want!

Very interesting... how much did you pay for yours and how did you go about ordering since they size differently?

Back