Basic starter stuff... Yeah, I know, I know.

Yes, folks, I did a lot of searching but I still would like to ask some questions. Car is an 02 LX 2.0 5-speed. Stock everything except HIDs.

I'm taking a new job about 30 miles away and my wife and I will be swapping vehicles since my Trailblazer doesn't get the greatest mileage.

I've read a bajillion different things on here about some good mods to do to the NA 2.0. Basically I'm just looking for ideas to make the car 'fun'. Not looking to win drag races. I plan on staying NA, but I can't leave anything alone, I always gotta make the car 'mine'. Car will be putting in 65-80mph highway miles 80% of the time from here on.

I'm considering suspension stuff for right now, nothing extravagant though as far as a drop, it's gotta be able to be driveable in winter. Otherwise, maybe some intake/exhaust mods, a nice stereo, and some tint.

Any suggestions?

Thats pretty much about all you can do as far as bolt ons. Intake, exhaust, suspension, and you might put a mp3 ecu in it since you have the 2.0. I think that will about cover it. If you buy it all and wait to put it all on at same time you will notice a difference for sure. not huge, but noticable.

Good luck with everything!

That's what I've read. I'm not looking for a rocket ship. Basically just looking to turn it into an economical street-legal go-kart that is fun to drive and sounds good for what it is.

Back