Baffled OIl Pan

I've been thinking about just buying a new oil pan, removing the stock baffle and welding in a fabbed up one to help with the oil shifting/starvation on left handed turns. It'll be time consuming, but shouldn't be too difficult. Of course the AWR pan is probably the best and easiest option. The only complaint I've read of is it not sitting flush with the windage tray.

If you are looking at making your own, you should look up the Tomei universal baffle kits.

I'm wondering if there would be enough benefit in putting a baffle just on the pulley (US passenger side) of the stock oil pickup - so basically in the middle of the oil pan. I'm not sure if that alone will stop the left-hand turn issues.

Yeah, but no one ever sees it that way. They just always say, "Preferio broke it again" or something along those lines. I drive it like I want to drive it. If I break it, I don't get upset. It's just expected. Cars aren't like us, they're not organic, they don't heal themselves.

Couldn't agree with you more buddy....Something has to break to find the weak link. ALL car guys go thru this. Once you start modding heavy s*** is gonna break

I've been thinking about just buying a new oil pan, removing the stock baffle and welding in a fabbed up one to help with the oil shifting/starvation on left handed turns. It'll be time consuming, but shouldn't be too difficult. Of course the AWR pan is probably the best and easiest option. The only complaint I've read of is it not sitting flush with the windage tray.

I have to agree....The AWR oil pan is by NO MEANS perfect, and they are fully aware of this! It leaks on the seams, it is not flush, and I had to cut and reweld mine cause it was hitting also it comes with a oil pick up spacer that should NOT be used....but back then (and even now) it's the only option for a "baffled" larger capacity oil pan.

Last edited:
I have to agree....The AWR oil pan is by NO MEANS perfect, and they are fully aware of this! It leaks on the seams, it is not flush, and I had to cut and reweld mine cause it was hitting also it comes with a oil pick up spacer that should NOT be used....but back then (and even now) it's the only option for a "baffled" larger capacity oil pan.

See, I was aware of these issues, but I bought my pan used and it had been planed and ceramic coated as well as an additional fitting welded in, so I didn't have to deal with fitment issues.

Just bought one wish I knew about the issues prior to purchase. I bought it directly from Tony @ AWR, drove up and met him. Really nice guy. So after I get it I need to go get it "planed" (don't know what that means lol)

See, I was aware of these issues, but I bought my pan used and it had been planed and ceramic coated as well as an additional fitting welded in, so I didn't have to deal with fitment issues.

Lucky you!...a $300 dollar oil pan ended costing me about $500.

Just bought one wish I knew about the issues prior to purchase. I bought it directly from Tony @ AWR, drove up and met him. Really nice guy. So after I get it I need to go get it "planed" (don't know what that means lol)

Gabi, take it to the machine shop and tell them to check the mating surface for flatness, they should know what that means and if its not how to correct it

Gabi, take it to the machine shop and tell them to check the mating surface for flatness, they should know what that means and if its not how to correct it
I will do just that and worst case scenario I'll contact Tony personally.

Interesting... I haven't had any problems with my new oil pan from awr. I had a stock oil pan with an oil return fitting welded in, and it leaked like a stuck pig. Now that i have this awr oil pan that came with an oil return fitting(for my doc b setup) I have no evidence of an oil leak (finally). I have actually removed the cardboard box that sat underneath my car prior to this recent installation.

Interesting... I haven't had any problems with my new oil pan from awr. I had a stock oil pan with an oil return fitting welded in, and it leaked like a stuck pig. Now that i have this awr oil pan that came with an oil return fitting(for my doc b setup) I have no evidence of an oil leak (finally). I have actually removed the cardboard box that sat underneath my car prior to this recent installation.

Glad to hear I hope us the same for me

Back