Bad deal in Canada?

zerodk

I've put this on another thread while responding to someone, but I'm curious as to what you guys think of the "deal" I got

Well, I just negotiated the deal on P5. Comes to 28000 with A/C, leather, moonroof, polished alloys, cargo tray, cargo net, roof rack, 4 way protection (rust, paint, seats, undercoating), 3M protection, tinting, and all the GST and other taxes.

Unlike you guys, I don't have the advantage of looking over dealer's lot to negotiate the price. I originally didn't want all these extra protection stuff thrown in but I need the vehicle fairly soon and AS I WAS TOLD this is the only special edition model they have ready to be delivered before I go to pick it up.

I probably could have gotten a better deal, knowing what the invoice price is, but oh well...

What do you guys think....way too much?? I've only put a deposit (about a week ago) of 2k on my VISA, I can still get it back if I decide not to get the vehicle, right? I mean I haven't sign anything yet.

I would build the car on www.mazda.ca see what it comes to and then add tax. I think it's a decent deal but I would never get the rust, paint, fabric, etc. protection even the automakers advise against it.

zerodk,

got mine for 25666 with tax and frieght, etc.....moonroof, air.

Your getting a lot of extra accessories, so i cant comment on whether its a bad deal.

my was 23'ish but without the protection and cargo stuff, and opted for no roofrack, but other than that i got the moonroof, moonroof deflector, bug thing, A/C and tint...but mine is a 2002, the prices went up between 02 and 03....but since you got the leather then yah maybe you payed like 2-3 grand too much but you didn't get it that badly.

what a rip off.... $28,000???

i got mine, including all of that stuff you mentioned, for $24,500 out the door. you should definitely negotiate harder, or go to another dealer.

ChopstickHero said:

i got mine, including all of that stuff you mentioned, for $24,500 out the door. you should definitely negotiate harder, or go to another dealer.

I'm trying to. Do you know the invoice price difference between 2002 and 2003 models?

dealer cost prices

whoever is looking to get any new car in Canada should check out
www.carcostcanada.com

unfortunately, you will have to pay like a 15$ 1 vehicle price memebership, but it's worth it if you could save several KKK
on the car

ChopstickHero said:

wow!! air, leather, moonroof, polished alloys for $24,500 otd

that's a hell of a deal cuz air/leather/moonroof alone is $2,800

did you get the freight/PDI/taxes(PST/GST) waived?? what was the MSRP for the 2002 model?

28 grand sounds about right to me too.

24.5 is probly in US Dollars guys... i think i read your other thread!

honestly 28 is a fair deal coz i was negotiating and i got like 26 grand for a mp5 w/o leader (1.5k) , roof rack+tray+tax) (500)

so u got a bargin actually !

guess i should negotiate harder before i put my offer in... :)

Yeah 28000 was too hight. I don't know if the prices have changed, though I know they've gone up...

But I bought my P5 on July 2001, for 24650, but I didn't get the moonroof or leather (it wasn't offered to me, I don't know why?)

The price included the paint, rust and upholstery protection and
A/C.

A few months later friends at work bought the same thing but couldn't get my price.... we assumed they went up!

So I don't know if that's normal but it seems too high.

That price sounds about right with GST included. I got mine in Sept. 2001, with leather (dealer option) and paint protection. My bill came to close to that as well. I think 24,500 mentioned here must be without GST. As others have said, check out the price vs. building your car on the mazda canada website, add in all the extras, GST, etc, and make sure you pay LESS than that amount :)

It seems like most people can get a reasonable amount off MSRP now, so make sure you try and negotiate well. I wound up getting about $400 off MSRP (basically they threw in some of the accessories I wanted for free), when the cars were new and backordered several months.

Good luck!

Dale.

yeah.. i think 4k would be a lot to ask for since it's spring and dealers know ppl would be buying cars...

1k off + accessories may be more reasonable.

p5can said:
yeah.. i think 4k would be a lot to ask for since it's spring and dealers know ppl would be buying cars...

i m thinking the opposite... the price will continue to go down coz they are trying to get rid of the mp5 asap so they can bring in the 2 new lines... MX Sportif and Mazda6 Wagon...

obviously the sales of mazda havent been too well this yr... and it is nothing compare to last yr's sale... m i right?

monki said:

i m thinking the opposite... the price will continue to go down coz they are trying to get rid of the mp5 asap so they can bring in the 2 new lines... MX Sportif and Mazda6 Wagon...

obviously the sales of mazda havent been too well this yr... and it is nothing compare to last yr's sale... m i right?

yah but lets remember that the Sportif is still technically a concept car and the earliest it will hit the street is as a 2005 model so thats still a bit away, i don't think its even in production yet but i could be wrong...but since we haven't seen any commercials for the car yet and it wasn't even at the Toronto Auto Show i doubt it will hit the dealers till maybe 9-12 months from now if not more....and comparing mazda's 2003 sales to 2002 sales there was a 3.1% increase in 2003 over 2002 so actually they're doin pretty well.

i got my p5 for around 27k w/ moonroof, a/c, rust protection, and including all taxes.

Edit: And including the interest rate of 4.9% over 5 years as well

Back