Back from LA and met up with hiboost...

deckedoutmp5

:
02 MP5 #3256
I went out to LA to visit with the gang from HiBoost and go to the compact NHRA races. They dont have a shop right now as they are moving and what not so at first I couldnt find them, but then Nick from HiBoost called me on my cell phone and we met up. They drove from LAX to Anaheim to meet me at the hotel and I got to drive the HiBoost wagon to Dennys, and let me tell you.... HOLY s*** that car was simply, BAD ASS. It was only running 13 psi that day. Anyways, I was going to give it all up and get a SRT4, but after driving that car... I think I have changed my mind. I am simply going to trade it in on another p5 with a manual. All the guys from HiBoost are very nice and have been pretty good to deal with. We talked alot at Dennys.

Anyways, thanks again for breakfast guys, and I will be calling you soon.

Peace-Trav

BTW: you all that pay those gas prices in LA are F'in NUTS!

Right now I can only imagine what our cars feel like with 13psi of boost..wish that was me driving it. My car is fun to drive now adding boost would make it Ggggrrreeaaaat.

supa saiyan pr5 said:
Right now I can only imagine what our cars feel like with 13psi of boost..wish that was me driving it. My car is fun to drive now adding boost would make it Ggggrrreeaaaat.
it is set up for 20 psi (headbang)

So, does Juan still have the F10 in his car or did he throw in the E6X?
BTW, did you guys narrow down the problem you were having? Is it hardware related or just map needs adjusting?

there was always a sneaking suspicion that driving the HiBoost car would steer you clear of the SRT-4...(drive) (humpleg)

ddogg777 said:
So, does Juan still have the F10 in his car or did he throw in the E6X?
BTW, did you guys narrow down the problem you were having? Is it hardware related or just map needs adjusting?
We have the E6X on the car now. With stock pistons we were able to raise the boost from 9 to 14 psi on 91 octane with no detonation. Now we have the 8.5 to 1 compression Mazda/HiBoost pistons and can boost as high as 17 psi on 91 octane. E6X works really good.

supa saiyan pr5 said:
once your on the darkside you can never return...(laugh)
well the srt4 is boosted stock, and with a stage 2 mopar kit for all under 20 grand brand new with factory warranty with well over 300 whp... its a close call on what to keep and or do.

anyways, juan i talked to nick and i will be email you. they are great guys. to bad i missed you when you were in SA.

We think it is the Haltech.... I am sending the injectors back along with the F10 to have them all tested just to make sure. That is another reason I dont want to sell the kit, I want to make sure everything is in 100 percent working order. I didnt want to screw anyone over, I dont play those games.

But juan and nick and them are still helping me out and have been there since day one. great people, great stuff, and when they take you to breakfast and let you drive thier car (even raced it) hehe, that is customer service.

anyways, juan i just want to thank you and your team for helping and we will get my new car goin kick ass. (headbang)

HiBoost TS said:
Now we have the 8.5 to 1 compression Mazda/HiBoost pistons and can boost as high as 17 psi on 91 octane. E6X works really good.
(boom01) Holy cow!!

Juan, is your map on the Haltech disk that I got or will you have to send to me later?
Trav, don't get a turbocharged skittle!
Dodge=FisherPrice plastic interiors

Trav.....get the SRT-4 for sure... 2004 of course with LSD in the Blue color with a Stage 2 kit.... you'd romp on my EVO ;)

My friend has the SRT4 and a protege 5 will never be able to touch it, but either way, I love the p5, it handles like mad.

Yeah i would deff get the 04 with stock lsd and bigger injectors and a better ecu. they even have stage 3 but then it voids warr. the mopar drag car is 1000 on stock bottom end, the car may look like a neon, but its not a neon AT ALL, they didnt skip nothing with this car for speed and performance.

But I am goin to keep my car. I love it. Its not the fastest or will ever be, but all i want is low to mid 12's and I will be happy.

ddogg777 said:
(boom01) Holy cow!!

Juan, is your map on the Haltech disk that I got or will you have to send to me later?
Trav, don't get a turbocharged skittle!
Dodge=FisherPrice plastic interiors
ddogg777,

The ECU is pre-programmed and you also have the three maps on the disk we sent you. You got the 8.5 : 1 pistons if I am not mistaken right?

You should be able to run 18 psi on 93 octane with the map on the E6X and the 3 Bar MAP.

I think I still owe you the upgrade instructions for the E6X. I will e-mail them to you. There are only 5 more wires than the F10 to hook up.

HiBoost TS said:
ddogg777,

You got the 8.5 : 1 pistons if I am not mistaken right?
Ahh yeah.

You should be able to run 18 psi on 93 octane with the map on the E6X and the 3 Bar MAP.
Now I just gotta get Arizona to pass a bill allowing 93 octane...

I think I still owe you the upgrade instructions for the E6X. I will e-mail them to you. There are only 5 more wires than the F10 to hook up.
Okie dokie (headbang)

Travis, you got to drive the HiBoost car? Damn man, makes me sad I met up with him when he was busy. I would have settled for a ride. :( I'm glad you got to meet Juan and the gang. They are all great guys who care about the customer.
PatatHiBoost.JPG

Patrick, I didnt get to meet Juan, he was in SA. I found a silver p5 today... goin to go look at it later. I cant wait to have boost in a manual.

BTW: did you get your radiator cap problem fixed?

deckedoutmp5 said:
Patrick, I didnt get to meet Juan, he was in SA. I found a silver p5 today... goin to go look at it later. I cant wait to have boost in a manual.

BTW: did you get your radiator cap problem fixed?
The cap, yes, the nipple, fixing to work on it now!

Back