AWR oil pan...

Installshield 2 said:
http://www.awrracing.com/pages/pro/proeng.html

and Captain KRP5 or whatever sells them for cheaper than corksport...

Just posted this because it was new to me, I hadn't even heard of this thing...I have needed one for my build for a while, and this gives an extra 1.5qt capacity...

i have sold a good number of these pans and people LOVE them thus far. zero fitment issues and excellent build quality which you have come to expect from AWR.

let me know if there is interest, i have a shipment coming in on these this week

im def. interested, just waiting for my tax return. how much do you sell them for? and it comes with everything I need right?

comes with everything needed to do the install yes, except for a tube of RTV which i can ship to you for $15 or you can pick up there. we sell it for $399 shipped

you just use RTV instead of the stock pan gasket? Is there even a stock pan gasket? I forget, come to think of it...Or does this kit also come with a rubber gasket and you use the RTV also...

also whats the under car clearance like? In the pics it almost looks like it allows more clearance and more airflow over the pan that stock (larger surface area of the pan)...is that true?

that's a very good question. With so many turbo'd proteges, you'd think they might offer a tapped pan. hmmm.
-Mateo

yellerandahalf said:
that's a very good question. With so many turbo'd proteges, you'd think they might offer a tapped pan. hmmm.
-Mateo

i am having them made, one for me especially :D

Installshield 2 said:
you just use RTV instead of the stock pan gasket? Is there even a stock pan gasket? I forget, come to think of it...Or does this kit also come with a rubber gasket and you use the RTV also...

also whats the under car clearance like? In the pics it almost looks like it allows more clearance and more airflow over the pan that stock (larger surface area of the pan)...is that true?

there is no stock pan gasket and clearance is perfect

ken I remember people a little hesitant to jump on the gb when this first came out and one reason was exhaust fitment. Do you know if up to a 3" exhaust fits?

asking cause I know the bottom sticks out to the side rather than making it deeper in order to clear the ground.

vindication said:
ken I remember people a little hesitant to jump on the gb when this first came out and one reason was exhaust fitment. Do you know if up to a 3" exhaust fits?

after talking to a guy over on mazda3club, i have reason to think it will. i don't know if he is on this forum but his name over there is chiefmg. you may want to PM him and get his opinion to be sure.

Hi, it's me. I think it was someone else that had the question about clearance with a larger exhaust (forget his name, he is on this board though). However, I do have mine installed and will be more than happy to take some pictures tomorrow weather permitting. If I can finagle it I will include a tape measure in the photo to show clearance. It is T-I-G-H-T in some spots, but it slides right into place and now I have some peace of mind. You will have to use a wrench to tighten most of the bolts once installed, as the larger pan won't allow access to them with a socket.

For other questions, you only use RTV for the gasket. The oil pickup tube spacer is provided with longer bolts, but no gaskets. I just went to Pep Boys, bought a roll of gasket material and made some. You could maybe get away with using RTV there as well, but I didn't want to risk having any of it get into the pump or oil galleries. The only question I had was once you install the spacer for the oil pickup tube, the midpoint attachment for the tube is hanging in the breeze. I went ahead and pulled it down with the stock bolt, one of these days I will probably pull the pan again and fix it correctly with a longer bolt and a spacer.

Here's some pics. First one is looking to the rear on the outboard side. You can see the lower point of the control arm (notice how tight it is) which gives an idea of the ground clearance. Second shot is of the clearance to the stock exhaust (flange on flex joint). Third and fourth shots are also of clearance to the stock exhaust, in the fourth shot I tried to show the clearance of the pan at the attachment flange to the exhaust.

Last edited:
thanks for the pics. looks like to go to a bigger than 2.5" you'll need to have the flange moved bach a bit to make it fit.

Back