AWR mount

SwampAss

:
2007 Mazdaspeed3
There was talk about making these with a black poly insert. Did that plan ever come to fruition?

mz3mount200.jpg

How do you guys install AWR mounts yourselves? Do you need a crane to lift the engine, or is this something that can/should only be done in a mechanic's shop? Please advise.

jweidler_1130 said:
How do you guys install AWR mounts yourselves? Do you need a crane to lift the engine, or is this something that can/should only be done in a mechanic's shop? Please advise.
Easily done yourself. You need ramps or jack with stands, and a few sockets, 17mm and 19mm if I remember correctly. A torque wrench is reccommended, but not absolutely necessary. You can remove the old and put in the new without supporting the engine.

yeah put the car on jack stands... then used the jack to help push the new mount back into place probably took like 45mins only cause i was one of the first and didn't have anyone else ot help me when i couldn't get the new mount pushed back into place... i used a jack under the engine/tranny to push it up which caused it to push to mound the rest of the way home.

Speaking of the AWR mount... anyone want mine before I toss it on eBay? I had a change of heart and never installed it. It's an 88 and never used. PM.

jweidler_1130 said:

Look in the HOW TO section for a write up and pics

Rotus is correct, 17 and 19mm sockets, ramps or jack stands, no need to support the engine and about 15 minutes

Swamp, haven't heard a word about black inserts

Back