AWR motor mounts

I was trying to install the mounts today but only got in the front mount. Never tried to install the driver side or rear yet but was working on the passenger side for a good 30 minutes to an hour but couldnt get the holes to line up so i could bolt it in. Anyone know how i can get it to line up?? Also, whats the best order to install the mounts (front, then rear, etc.)?? Please help me out, need all mounts in by saturday..

yeah i jacked it up. i would pull on the motor forward as hard as i could and the holes would come close but not really possible to pull and screw in at the same time by yourself. lol.

The rear was the worst one to install. I ad mine in for a week and then pulled it out. Too much noise and vibration for a DD.

You are supposed to stabilize the engine with a jack so it doesn't move when you pull the stock mount out, you should be able to shimmy the bolt into place using a jack. You will probably need another set of hands if you are attempting this alone.

i used an engine hoist so i could move it around a lil better....get a really big long screw drive and feed through the holes and maneuver the block to feed at least one bolt in....and i suggest having air tools(impact wrench) for the rear

I did my rear first, followed immediately by the front. Then the tranny, then passenger last. For the passenger mount I didn't have to use a jack or hoist or anything, because the other 3 mounts had the motor held exactly where it needed to be...

The rear really isn't that bad. Remove your intake many and get a BMF breaker bar. Air tools are nice, but I didn't use any... Take your time and don't try to force your way through it. Be smarter than the nuts & bolts. ;)

I did my rear first, followed immediately by the front. Then the tranny, then passenger last. For the passenger mount I didn't have to use a jack or hoist or anything, because the other 3 mounts had the motor held exactly where it needed to be...

The rear really isn't that bad. Remove your intake many and get a BMF breaker bar. Air tools are nice, but I didn't use any... Take your time and don't try to force your way through it. Be smarter than the nuts & bolts. ;)

is it alot easier to remove the intake mani when doing the rear instead of following the how to??

Back