AWR engine mount redux?

Kain

Looks like just recently that AWR has revised its rear engine mount for the Mazda3/MS3 and augmented the urethane with a lip. I heard some people with MS3s have ripped the older 70 duro mount design due to torque. Was wondering what the concensus is for the AWR mount part deux. I don't launch my car hard, mostly want a beefier rear engine mount to limit engine rocking and smooth the shifts. Probably will stick with the 70 duro.

Here's a pic for comparison (old on top, new on bottom):

awr_mount.jpg

Looks like just recently that AWR has revised its rear engine mount for the Mazda3/MS3 and augmented the urethane with a lip. I heard some people with MS3s have ripped the older 70 duro mount design due to torque. Was wondering what the concensus is for the AWR mount part deux. I don't launch my car hard, mostly want a beefier rear engine mount to limit engine rocking and smooth the shifts. Probably will stick with the 70 duro.

Here's a pic for comparison (old on top, new on bottom):

awr_mount.jpg

we have yet to see a broken revised mount from our customers

Any fitment issues with the revision? I mean, it looks a lot beefier now.

EDIT: found this profile comparo shot (WTF, how does that fit?! lawl):

S7300724.jpg

Last edited:
Don't see how it could. I had to spritz my CorkSport insert MM with WD-40 to get it to slide in.

I figured that was the case. Perhaps the Mazda3 has more clearance for the rear mount. It's moot in any case since I've crossed this one off my list.

wierd...my 88 lookds nothing like the 70. looks more like the old 70 with a bigger urethane pad..aprox half an inch bigger in diameter

i got this one, search a little more the guy that had camparo pic originally had trim a lot of the mount to get it to slide in and i had to use the engine to jam it in. it took me 3 times as long as it should and that lip made it harder then hell. unless they changed it it was a b****. i will try to find the link for you but be warned. i didnt trim it at all but i think some tore off to tell you the truth.

its your lucky day here look at the pics but please read it if you wanna go with this one please.
i am gonna pm you let me know if there is a problem.

Back