AWR End link problems

gixxerchaz

:
2008 Mazdaspeed 3
Is anyone having the same problems. I have a 2008 MS3 and I bought the AWR swaybar end links from Street Unit and they make noise ALL the time like bad bearings. I have since switched back to stock and quiet again. Any advice wioud be appreciated

Not sure if youre talking about the front or rear, but I only have the front endlinks by AWR and theyre noisy on right turns.

I had them installed for a few months and had issues all the time. I put them on when I installed a new rear sway bar. They were OK for maybe a week then started getting noisy. I'd tighten everything up and it would be OK for a couple hours, if that. One day I was banging on things trying to find out exactly where my noise was coming from. One side was fine, no noise. The other one the threaded section on the bottom had a small amount of play in it and that was causing all the noise. Eventually I put the stockers back on and have had no issues since.

I went with Powergrid end links and plan to install them within the next few weeks. They are a bit different in that the ball joint is sealed (similar to OEM). I will post a review when I get them installed.

EDIT: They are in and work VERY well. Will post a review once I dial in the length.

Last edited:
I never installed the front AWR end links, but I did try out the rears and they clunk like a MoFo. This is one mod that was a waste of money and you're better off just sticking with the stock rear end-links.

I never installed the front AWR end links, but I did try out the rears and they clunk like a MoFo. This is one mod that was a waste of money and you're better off just sticking with the stock rear end-links.

I have the rears on and they make no sounds at all on my car. (shrug)

Back