Awesome Motorsports Pictures & Videos

I'll download that later today! Thanks!!

But for now, here's from the spectators area (My car first followed by Andrew)
Can't see the 2nd half of the course

and second run

As to the gopro vids, the programs you guys suggested aren't recognizing the video format (computer plays it, but it won't edit them, so i gotta wait till tomorrow when i can give the video to my buddy at work)

Last edited:
Strange because all of my videos are from my go-pro. Have you tried having the program open, then dragging the video file from a folder onto the box on the right where it shows the media you imported? Either way it should work. Works for me. Is yours the HD?

yeah, it was shot in HD

It drug the file in (5gb) but it didn't recgonize it after dragging it in

Alright, he can't edit em either. . . . anyone willing to gimmie a hand? I can try to email em or put em on megaupload for you to download

It's a total of 4.8gb

From yesterday:
DSC08219.JPG

DSC08220.JPG

DSC08221.JPG

DSC08222.JPG

DSC08223.JPG

First time autocrossing, i know my lines and braking and accelerating points are all wrong, but i had fun

Last edited:
Suggestions for next run? That's where other miatas had theirs lol

You've got a roll bar in pretty much the ideal place to have an in-car camera. That far back, and you can barely see what's going on out front (which is what matters). Not sure if yours is high enough, but you may be able to put it on top of the roll bar. We usually run it upside-down from the top of the roll-bar on my car, but with the windshield frame it may not work for you. Try it (on top of the bar) and see. If not, just behind your or your passenger's shoulder on the roll bar should work really well too. I like the high view because it shows what you're doing behind the wheel too (hand position, what your feet are doing, where you're looking, etc)
Like so:

Really the only relevant "area" you can see in your video is, even on full screen, the 2x2" area between the helmets. Example of roll-bar behind the shoulder view that I think will work better for you:

You get nearly a full-screen view out the front.

Last edited:
Hard to tell, since your camera position is so wrong too :p

Are you suggesting he construct a "camera boom" roll bar to get the birds eye view from way above the action?
(Yes, I see yours is on the harness bar, but I'm ignoring it)

edit: Haha, that is sort of what you are suggesting. Your other post showed up while I was typing.

mine is actually suction cupped to the back, it's not my cam and i had to borrow the suction mount from one friend and the camera from another

IMG_1950.jpg

i'm ordering my own gopro and will be putting atop the roll bar though, but with this setup it's not an option right now

That was with a gopro, but after taking it apart to get the card out, i find out the battery cover is broken (He broke it snowboarding) so that's what you hear rattling

Are you suggesting he construct a "camera boom" roll bar to get the birds eye view from way above the action?
(Yes, I see yours is on the harness bar, but I'm ignoring it)

edit: Haha, that is sort of what you are suggesting. Your other post showed up while I was typing.

No, I was suggesting he try mounting it on top of the roll bar he already has. Mine was actually underneath the top of the main hoop (for the 1st video) and harness bar for the 2nd.

No, I was suggesting he try mounting it on top of the roll bar he already has. Mine was actually underneath the top of the main hoop (for the 1st video) and harness bar for the 2nd.
Sorry, forgot to use sarcasm font.

Back