Awesome Motorsports Pictures & Videos

Did a quick shake-down run in the 'hood yesterday to make sure there weren't any leaks or anything else going on. Found a couple of nuts that had backed off (these things vibrate themselves to pieces, literally). I had my buddy doing traffic control should anyone come down from behind me going either way. These things are just stupid.

I assume that since the camera angle changes with every shift that that thing has some power. Badass! I want one. The wife however says , no.

I'm sure your neighbors fricking love that haha. ;) Those things look like tons of fun.

I assume that since the camera angle changes with every shift that that thing has some power.
The camera angle changing is due to the kart trying to break my neck. It's something that weighs 500 lb w driver, more or less, with 50 hp... so, yeah, it scoots.

Badass! I want one.

Get one!

The wife however says , no.\

*sad trombone*

I'm sure your neighbors fricking love that haha. ;) Those things look like tons of fun.

I try to be conscientious. This was done late afternoon, and the video shows the sum total of the running we did. I also had my buddy doing traffic control should anyone come up behind me. Total time: <2 min.

I was just giving you a hard time! ;)

Fair enough, but it totally is a valid concern, and, you know, I've gotta set a good example lol. It's something that I do maybe twice a year (usually in my Miata) after major work that I need to check / get the car up to temp for, and I try and do it at a time of day that pretty much everyone should be up for, and, again, very briefly. The run time would have been about 1:30 if I didn't stop to make sure I didn't run up the mail carrier's tail pipe.

I'm sure it's no less annoying than your next door neighbor mowing every day... or watering grass in the rain.

I'm sure it's no less annoying than your next door neighbor mowing every day... or watering grass in the rain.

Or watering her driveway. I still haven't figured that one out. She's not pressure washing it. She already went over it with a leaf blower. She's just... spraying water. On her driveway. With a hose. For no reason than I can fathom.

Fastest clean, with a really flubbed shift at the bottom of the hill.

Fastest scratch time:

I finally got the balls to try and fling it into the sweeper at the bottom of the hill (mostly to avoid braking on those bumps), and that pushed me a bit wider than I expected at the bottom, and I ended up with the last cone on that 1st wall stuck under the left side-pod, which you can see the results of in the video. I'd say it probably cost me 0.5 - 1 sec, based on how much I slowed (kart felt weird, for a split second I thought something broke, then getting back on the gas). I actually wasn't sure anything had gotten stuck until after the video, as the chin-bar of my helmet pretty well obscured vision that way.

All in all, what a stupid, stupid, STUPID fun ride. Can't wait to hit the crack pipe again this weekend :D

I think I figured out what I didn't do right in the Kart. Instead of continuing on with the Slalom, I should have just hung a sharp right...

10355489_956564734884_749353450354171604_o.jpg

A pic I snapped at Watkins Glen. A bummer for those involved, but a split second decision is what led me to take the pic. I just pointed and shot.

14343449450_53e1c3a326_b.jpg

Back