Avic D-3

Anomaly

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 and I was told that the AVIC-D3 would not fit in my car, for some reason i didnt believe the guy who told me that.. maybe it was because he looked like an idiot.. I don't know if there has been previous posts about this head unit but I just registered so sorry if this is just spam..

thanks man that actually made me feel great because I want the d3 bad =) i guess im off to check it out again.. on the 15th when i get paid =P (Military.. ghey)

I have the D3 in my '08 and if you can get all of the wires tucked away nicely then even with the crappy Metra kit, it will fit! ;)

I'm going to get the JapanParts kit when I can as i've heard it's a lot better than any kit offered over here.

Matt

I have a 2007 Mazda 3 and I was told that the AVIC-D3 would not fit in my car, for some reason i didnt believe the guy who told me that.. maybe it was because he looked like an idiot.. I don't know if there has been previous posts about this head unit but I just registered so sorry if this is just spam..

he is lying.. i have that one in my speed 3
and it looks pretty cool.. probably he didnt want it to do it.. u should try goin to the stores who just do car audio.. dont to go bestbuy or circuit city they dont know nothing

I just bought an Avic_D3. I did a test fit with the Metra kit and the unit will fit just fine. It is actually smaller than the factory headunit.

Also, for an inexpensive price on the D3-X package (includes bluetooth and Ipod cable) check out newegg.com. Yeah, that's right, newegg.

-Mark

Here's a pic of mine
3066081_15_full.jpg

Had to retuck the wires a few times to make it fit.

AVIC D-3 in '08 MS3

The AVIC D-3 fits in the Mazda3 and Speed3. I have an 08 and installed it. Like everyone else, I had some trouble tucking the big bundle of wires in the back.

You will lose the display and button functionality when you replace the factory head unit, except the AC and heat display. Nothing you can do about it. Attached is a photo. Sorry for the crappy cell phone photo.

Be sure to read the discussions about this unit. Do the parking brake by-pass!

Attachments

• img072.jpg
    img072.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 296
does anyone have bose stock speakers + D3 installed? if you did how did you do it? since the bose has a seperate amp and d3 has its own.

Back