firmly in place and even removed it/re-installed it but had the same
result. I tried using a different aux cable but still had the same
issues.

Do you have any idea why this would be happening? I am
essentially losing audio momentarily once every 1-3min. This happens
when I'm driving and when the vehicle is parked. I tried jiggling the
unit a bit but didn't notice any changes so I believe it has a solid
connection with the head unit.

By the way, this was an excerpt of an email I sent to Sylfex... but haven't heard back.

Try adjusting the volumes on the mp3 player. I had this happen too when I had one. It seemed that the mp3 player volume was too high.

Hmmm, have this too but have not experienced any issues with my wife's ipod nor with any of my mp3 players but can't say I've had volume all the way up on any of them.

I'll give the volume a try. It's been about a week and I have heard nothing from Sylfex. They have no customer service number and it doesn't appear that anyone monitors their email.

Thanks

Had the same experience trying to contact them with a question or 2. Ended up just ordering the basic & giving up on the questions I had about the other one.

It took the me 2 emails and a handwritten letter to their PO box in Mi before I had any contact with them.

No Reply

Well,
I still have not heard back. Should I just send the thing back and hope they return a new one or refund my money? I don't think this is the smartest business model.

Have you tried a different mp3 player or ipod or input cable to see if the same thing happens? I'd try that first. Bummer about the noncontact action, keep trying tho if not player or cable issue.

When i installed mine i remember reading something about installing a ground loop isolator. It's a part they sell at radio shack that prevents a grounding problem whenever you use the auxmod and charge your mp3 player off the cigarette lighter. THis being the only difference in your setup and mine, I installed it and mine has been working perfectly for a year or more.

I agree it's a good idea to try another MP# player just in case.
Seriously doubt it's a ground loop problem, that would cause engine noise. That said it's a good idea to have one anyway, I had to have one. You can get an RC cable w/ it built in at RC for about $8.

Regardless, Syflex should be returning your contact. Personally I'd email them again, almost daily, until you get something.
Or, after several attempts and no reply, a good/easy way to get their attention is to file a claim w/ PayPalm since you paid through them. Either they will respond or you'll get a refund.

I kind of get the impression this company is just a guy or two running this as a basement side-job.

Latest posts

Back