Autox build

matt12046

:
2003.5 Titanium Gray Metallic Mazdaspeed protege
I've been talking about it for a while, and I haven't really don't anything yet. But I've decide to build a auto cross car/street car. Now bear in mind I, like most of us, have a very Very tight budget. I'm thinking of starting on the power side of things but I need a tip on a place with cheap parts, that work. If anybody has spare parts, cheap mind you, let me know.

For autocross.... And a tight budget. I would suggest suspension cause thats the most important thing for autox. Save for some BC Coilovers :)

Have you picked a class yo want to run in? Because that is gonna dictate cost. Plus if you start doing power mods its gonna throw you in to a class you'll never be able to compete, if competing is even your goal.

I've never really given it any thought about class and what not. What dictates the classes and what classes are there.

stock class and good tires

upgrade the driver, not the car

once u go through them, u can start tweaking to make it corner better, cant adjust what u dont know

Attachments

• 105750194-L.jpg
    105750194-L.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 137
So i guess with the racing beat set up that came stock and a set of z rated michelin tires I should be alright, unfortunately I live in a rather small town and with the only decent track being bristol motor speedway and they do have a decent drag track, but they only have auto cross one or two days out of the summer. so i'll have to give that stock class a shot when it gets warmer.

just go there and have fun, take it slow and slowly increase speed

gentle movements and look ahead!

thats the best advise i can give ya

http://www.auto-x.com/schedule.php

Come to Danville, VA for our Novice school in April. It is a Friday evening classroom session, all day Saturday driving session, and Sunday is a club points event all wrapped into one weekend. I usually instruct, but I might have a work conflict this year.

sure man i would love to, so I'll have to figure it out what the address is, and is there a price associated with this.

Back