Autos Planning On Running Boost, PLEASE READ

Just wondering if anyone here has tried Synthetic Racing ATF's?

They generally run cooler and reduce slippage. About 10 bucks a quart isnt bad, has anyone used it? B&M makes Trickshift and Amsoil makes Supershift.

I purchased some Amsoil Supershift for my Corollas 3-speed auto trannt and I'm gonna throw that in before the boost goes in, in a few weeks. I can post my results for you guys.

Manual tranny Needed for FS motor

let me know where can i get a manual tranny that will fit FS motor?
what car model does it come off of?

kasman

Ive been there and done all of it and I wouldnt bother unless you plan onbuilding the tranny. 5psi is fine, it all depends on how its used. Id first geta cooler, secondly got with royal purple which I have found to be the best and then worst case senario build it up if you really dont wanna go manual. There are tranny options out there they are just really pricey.

well id have to say from what everybody says the MT is the way to go??thankgod i got a MT im not sure id want to go through what ya'll goin through.....and another thing great thread!!!!!!!it really helpsc out people like me that want to know more about turbo but dont know where to look......and where do u look????????MSPROTEGE!!!!

TomAss_Z said:
also, is there a way to make the hiboost kit run lower than 6psi???

or is 6psi ok daily on the auto???
All guys running 8 psi are doing fine with the tranny and our turbo. Travis was running up to 14 which is what broke his tranny.

6 is safe for any automatic tranny.

Juan

Yeah, i was just worried cause everybody's sayin, oh 7psi daily on an auto will rip it apart. But are the guys running 8psi daily auto??

Just know what you are getting into. Auto trannys not meant for power, flat out suck donkey balls. Victor and me talked and even with his running at stock boost with the hiboost kit the tranny did slip at times, that is VERY bad on an auto. And why buy the kit for an auto if you are goin to use only 8 psi. Get a manual, trade it in. You can trade a auto straight up for a manual with no money diff.

Flat out its expensive to put in a built auto tranny for our cars. The longevity of an auto stock with 8 psi is not up to par.

I really don't want to trade, but i am willing to do so. If i can find a deal that is straight across the board that is. The only pain in the ass is that i threw away my factory exhaust. I think i would have to take the exhaust that is off of my trade and swap. Also, i would have to swap my eibachs. huge pain in the ass....

I guess i could refinance and finance extra costs for a shop to do it...

springs and exahust is nothing, i had to put in a new motor and change out EVERYTHING back to OEM to trade my car in. I did that in a WEEKEND. you cant tell that car has been modded PERIOD. She runs like a beast to, well for OEM, lol.

Hey thanks for the advise, I was going to Turbacharge my Auto, but Ichanged my mind with those prices for a tranny

Wouldn't it just be better to find a wrecked Mazda Speed and swap the motor and tranny into it? Or is the motor the same just with a turbo on it? I have 18k miles on my car and am cosidering buying all the stuff to do the drop before next fall or winter at the latest. Will the auto handle the turbo off of a Mazda Speed? What is the psi on them?

Would a non shiftronic auto be less of a b!tch to upgrade w/ a converter and valvebody?

Fade said:
Would a non shiftronic auto be less of a b!tch to upgrade w/ a converter and valvebody?
no they are the same. and you cant just upgrade your convertor and valvebody, that wont do you much good if you dont do everything it takes. trade it in on a manual, youll be happy you did.

peace- trav

it'd be the same hassle.
But with those upgrades+Overhaul kit, you should have more than enough stability to move into the 10+psi boost range.

I've spoken to Len from Lentech a couple times, and the only info he gives me is 'buy our $4000 transaxle' - which I don't need. The only diff in their $4000 transaxle and my $0.25 transaxle is their valve bodies and overhaul kit. (~$900 of parts & $250 of labour)

I'm going to buy their torque converter and overhaul kit. I'm looking for a tranny cooler either on ebay or from Lentech. I'm still researching theMAN's shift kit/shift program solution over replacing the valve bodies (which Edwin noted isn't necessary). If I can't find anybody to change my shift program, I'm just going to get the valve bodies as they are pretty much a 'workaround' for getting a change in shift programs.

Lil Freek said:
it'd be the same hassle.
But with those upgrades+Overhaul kit, you should have more than enough stability to move into the 10+psi boost range.

I've spoken to Len from Lentech a couple times, and the only info he gives me is 'buy our $4000 transaxle' - which I don't need. The only diff in their $4000 transaxle and my $0.25 transaxle is their valve bodies and overhaul kit. (~$900 of parts & $250 of labour)

I'm going to buy their torque converter and overhaul kit. I'm looking for a tranny cooler either on ebay or from Lentech. I'm still researching theMAN's shift kit/shift program solution over replacing the valve bodies (which Edwin noted isn't necessary). If I can't find anybody to change my shift program, I'm just going to get the valve bodies as they are pretty much a 'workaround' for getting a change in shift programs.
reprogramming the shifts and all that is a pain, thats why when I talked to len and some others there chris for hours on the phone and lots of info trading via email, it takes LOTS of electronics and basically a stand alone shift management system, if thats what you wanna call it. its a pain, in fact they didnt even know if they can do it yet for our cars at the time. its a pain to pull the auto trannys, they are HEAVY but i have it down to a science, i have pulled a few and can do it in about 2 hours, but i never want to mess with it again. manual is lighter and stronger. if anything do a swap. the holes are there, just need the parts.good luck with whatever you decide.

^^ swap isn't cheap either, though.
you gotta get ALL the parts and have the time/space to do it. the wiring harness is almost impossible to find in 1 piece and once you hit 200whp, you gotta start changing the clutch and all that, anyways..
To swap all the pieces from Lentech in is like $1600 + labour... to swap in the MTx (stock) would be about the same. If I had the time and money, I'd probably do the ATx>MTx swap, but from my research (from what people can provide in hear-say) it's almost impossible to do without major migraines unless you have 3-4 days, a lift and an entirely seperate car to base yourself on and take the parts from. (none of which I have)

That's just my personal view on it.. I'm assuming that beefing up the valve bodies, oil cooler and Red Line ATF will be enough to sustain 7psi daily. I just want the car to be a fun daily driver. I'll buy a Supra or an RX-7 if I wanna go really fast :)

Back