Automatics that plan on boosting, read this first! 2007

Here are all the parts to replace all the wear parts in the transmission:
1. Motorcraft part# MTKV-K4600-B - this kit includes all new pistoms, o-rings, gaskets, even the frictions and the steels, everything but the 2-4 band; or MTK-46900-B (cheaper, but not sure if that kit has the bonded pistons). You will not use the frictions and steels from the master kit if you are also buying the upgraded Alto clutches.
Now for the frictions and steels, I sugest:
2. Alto part# 133750AHPPWR - this includes all Red Eagle frictions and Kolene steels and also includes the direct clutch Powerpack upgrade
3. Alto part# 133960 - this is an upgrade Red Eagle band that is not included in the other kits. Alto also offers these bands in "heavy duty wide- Red" and "heavy duty wide- kevlar" (part#s 133961, 133961K)

Here is the cost breakdown:
Motorcraft master rebuid kit $175
Alto part# 133750AHPPWR $175
Alto part# 133960 ~$20
Total cost $370

This is alto's site
http://www.altousa.com/

WHA?!?!?! this just makes the tranny stronger though right? the valve body, which i dont see here... thats cool... and affordable!!

This trans wont work http://www.horsepowerfreaks.com/pric...lete_Automatic Something is messed up there, our trans is FN4AEL mazda or 4F27E ford. Call them and see if they do have a trans that fits.
I also think that the transmission case for the 4f27 might be a little different from the mazda but all internal parts are the same. Sorry Ive been busy with my turbo swap lately, hope to see 190-200hp by start of summer.

The lentech valvebody was $379 last time I checked, and the converter was $689
http://www.lentechautomatics.com/4f27eproducts.html# look here. they sell the street terminator for $1699 plus shipping and it has Lifetime warrenty so that might be a better route for non-diy.

And yes that will make trans stronger but a weak link is the stator inside the converter stock the're plastic the lentech has aluminum one.
so $370 plus $689 converter and good trans cooler should make for a good to 250hp+ trans

Last edited:
For those that have the Lentech valve body, how does it shift in normal everyday driving? How does it shift when you put your foot into the firewall?

And maybe it's just me, but I've always thought of an automatic transmission as a magical block box and are consequently hard for the DIYer to work on- how true is this? I also have a sport shift auto and am interested in beefing it up some. I've already installed a Hayden Transaver transmission cooler (see sig). While I doubt I'll ever be pushing big power numbers through this transmission, I do want to get into doing some track days with this car and I think some of these upgrades would help ensure the longivity of the transmission.

I'll be going to the darkside soon, so other than this, what else do I need ?

Here are all the parts to replace all the wear parts in the transmission:
1. Motorcraft part# MTKV-K4600-B - this kit includes all new pistoms, o-rings, gaskets, even the frictions and the steels, everything but the 2-4 band; or MTK-46900-B (cheaper, but not sure if that kit has the bonded pistons). You will not use the frictions and steels from the master kit if you are also buying the upgraded Alto clutches.
Now for the frictions and steels, I sugest:
2. Alto part# 133750AHPPWR - this includes all Red Eagle frictions and Kolene steels and also includes the direct clutch Powerpack upgrade
3. Alto part# 133960 - this is an upgrade Red Eagle band that is not included in the other kits. Alto also offers these bands in "heavy duty wide- Red" and "heavy duty wide- kevlar" (part#s 133961, 133961K)

Here is the cost breakdown:
Motorcraft master rebuid kit $175
Alto part# 133750AHPPWR $175
Alto part# 133960 ~$20
Total cost $370

This is alto's site
http://www.altousa.com/

bump...where do i get these parts at those prices?...im only seeing the motorcraft stuff for $250...havent checked the other stuff yet...oh yeah, theres a kit thats MTKV-LS4600B that i saw on the motorcraft website...its the same as the MTKV-K4600B but without the steels...

need help guys...........

i have a 2004 mazda rx8 and i started it up and moved it and then killed it within 5 minutes.it wont start now.is there a reset switch on it that i can reset so that it will start...?please help???????

sorry for an old thread bumb, but this is great info, does any of this apply to the MZ3s 2.3L sport shift auto? if not, does anyone have any info on it? max est. power handling? prices on clutch packs, steels, torque conv. and vavlebody? is my torque conv. stator still plastic?

sorry for an old thread bumb, but this is great info, does any of this apply to the MZ3s 2.3L sport shift auto? if not, does anyone have any info on it? max est. power handling? prices on clutch packs, steels, torque conv. and vavlebody? is my torque conv. stator still plastic?

Depends on the year of the 3. If you have the 4 speed auto, lentech has a valvebody and built transmissions. Level10 has controllers, valvebodies, torque converters, rebuild kits, or built trannies. They aren't cheap but they can be built to handle some decent power.

Back