AUTOEXE ram-air intake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

repthemazdas

PS!
Banned
Potential Scammer!
:
99 protege
i still dont get how this intake works?!?! i would love to buy it if it really did somthing it shows that it goes on the headlight but hows that helping any i just dont get it???.... theres a other thing i want to do which is cut the fog light hole thing out and make a custom cai and get a 3 inch funnel and slap it in the fog light hole where its goin to be cut....wat im looking for is a straight up nothing but fresh air geting in my soon to be 2.0l!!! i want somthing thats goin to get that air in my motor with no problem period please help thats guys!!!

http://www.corksport.com/autoexe-ram-air-intake-for-protege.html

theMAN has this intake if i remember correctly. the illustration makes it look like air is diverted from lower grill, i have not seen this kit in person but i think air is already coming up that hole at the fender by the coolant resevoir. the cowl just directs more of that air into the filter and minimizes the warm air from the engine getting in.

if you are planning to make an intake opening in the fog hole you will run into metal body panels milimeters behind the fog light. you will need to cut a hole in the metal to fit piping you desire. if you do take this route DOT requires even number of front facing lamps so your other fog light will have to go. consider getting fog light delete cover for that. then again depends if your municipality requires regular safety inspections or how much lenience the person inspecting your car shows you.

DG Motorsports once made a ram-air carbon fiber hood with NACA ducting. the duct fed air directly over the included AEM intake system. i'm not sure if it is still in production: http://www.dgmotorsports.com/dgm_product_details.php?ProductID=50-61-1099

Last edited:
Quite literally, that intake sucks air through the gap where the headlight housing meets the frame. It's not as much air as straight through the grille, but it's cold

there's a simota copy of that intake that's much cheaper, pm Protephile and see if he's got any..i've used it but i've got better gains with the injen intake...

Back