AutoExe front lip is painted and installed!

Section 8

Hey guys, I just wanted to show off my newly painted and installed front lip. Thanks to Morris at Boom Plus Toys for making it all happen.

autoexe.jpg

Shawn

Last edited:
ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh thats nice
are those air holes going to be inlets for anything
brakes,cia, or just show
how much ? the whole deal
purchase,paint, install

The inlets don't go to anything, they just look cool :cool: It cost me about $600 for the whole deal, painted and installed. I'll try to get you a closeup later today but the paint matches perfectly, for anybody in the southern california area, I got it done at Aerotech Racing Sports in Buena Park, ask for Jack, he's a good guy and does awesome work.

Shawn

hey section 8...looks good dude! i just noticed that you live in walnut, ca....i live in west covina...perhaps we have seen each other one of the few (very few) times i have seen another mp3 on the streets. have you got any mods done to it? if so...id like to see em sometime...

kep0ne, yeah, I've noticed that you live in West Covina, we should definitly get together sometime and just shoot the s*** about our cars...I know a few other Protege Owners around here and have been trying to get a club of some sort together...

Shawn

Man,

Finally I see how it looks! I think that you should do a higher angle to get the full effect. Looks tight!!

How much lower is the car? or how thick is the thickest part of the front lip?

I ask, because I'd love to have one, but I'm concerned with how low it would be. We have some really high driveways and parking lots around here. I could see the woman ripping that off the car the first week I got it if it's too low.

later

Walnut & WestCo

hey, I might have seen you guys...I've only seen 2 since getting mine (back in Sept). One parked outside the Mazda building in Irvine and one driven by on "older" guy on the 22 fwy heading towards the 405. Both blue.

Anyhow, if you guys meet up, let me know. I'm usually in the OC area but it's not too far to meet up with you guys. I should be getting my car back from Tri-Point any day now (it's the guinea pig for their Turbo R&D)...they just need to do some final tinkering with the fuel injectors & install the Greddy boost gague/pod.

Btw, if I wanted the lip added, would I hit up Jack from Aerosports & he could hook the whole thing up? Or do I need to buy the lip first myself?

C Rae: no, the stock black front air deflector has to come off for the lip to fit right. That piece was a b**** to pull off! Mazda in all it's wisdom decided to use nuts and bolts to hold it on, now that wouldn't usually be a problem but the nut part was really hard to get to, there was almost no space to position a wrench, on top of it all, I didn't have the metric 10mm wrench so I had to use a standard one. :mad:

newf: the car sits about 2.75 inches lower than it was before at the lowest point. Driving is not really an issue though because even if you scrape it, it's only on the bottom where you can't see it and the lip is made of plastic so it won't crack very easily.

Mp3P0: nope, neither one of those was me...I can't wait for you to get your car back from tripoint, hopefully the turbo kit works beautifully. Jack may be able to get the front lip for you since he speaks Japanese. Basically, it's not avalible anywhere in the United States, you have to find someone who speaks Japanese and have them call AutoExe in Japan directly, then wire the money to AutoExe in Japan. All of their contact info can be found on their website: www.AutoExe.co.jp

Let me know if you guy want to meet up, I'm always down to check out everybody's cars.

Shawn

for the autoexe lip, contact ARD MP5...he has a line to those i think, along with JIC products. speaking of a protege club...we SHOULD get one together...or just a mazda club in general. i always look at local dub clubs with envy cause i have no mazda ppl to hang out with.

Damn, this thread is old. You can get the Urathane replica's from DGMotorsports.com for $160 shipped! I just got mine this year.

Back