Auto Headlight problem.

:
2021 Acura RDX
Hello,

My auto headlight icon turned orange this morning (-6 degrees out) and the headlight icon popped on. I restarted the car and the light went off. The auto headlight icon then turned green.

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks!

Hello,

My auto headlight icon turned orange this morning (-6 degrees out) and the headlight icon popped on. I restarted the car and the light went off. The auto headlight icon then turned green.

Any idea whats going on?

Thanks!
Before I get flamed, I am at work, so I cant look at my owners manual until later. Was just hoping someone could ease my mind today.

Most likely explanation was ice on the windshield blocking the front camera. This causes the auto high beam control to be disabled, but it would also have illuminated other warning lights for systems such as adaptive cruiser. Assuming you have a Grand Touring model.

The other possibility is the auto leveling and adaptive swivel function was temporarily disabled. This feature will turn itself off if it thinks something is interfering with it. Mine has shut down multiple times when vibration from the front end "plowing" on slippery roads caused the front end to jackhammer.

Most likely explanation was ice on the windshield blocking the front camera. This causes the auto high beam control to be disabled, but it would also have illuminated other warning lights for systems such as adaptive cruiser. Assuming you have a Grand Touring model.

The other possibility is the auto leveling and adaptive swivel function was temporarily disabled. This feature will turn itself off if it thinks something is interfering with it. Mine has shut down multiple times when vibration from the front end "plowing" on slippery roads caused the front end to jackhammer.

I'm attributing it to the cold weather. I haven't had an issue since. I have the exact same CX-5 as you.

Thanks again!

Hello,

My auto headlight icon turned *orange* this morning (-6 degrees out) and the headlight icon popped on. I restarted the car and the light went off. The auto headlight icon then turned green.

Any idea what*s going on?
Headlight clear coats will keep your headlights protected or restore headlights. Visit autofthings website and get more information.
Thanks!

it can front fog light because the temperature is low.

Back