Audi Style LED Strips

yeah man its a sweet idea. and if you think itsa RICE idea, than why did AUDI come up with it not the CIVICs?

its really original and i think youll see more and more of.
post some pics when you get it done.

Those LEDs remind me of some Christmas lights that were popular a few years ago. If you like them then go for it. Everybody does not have the same opinion on anything car-related. I would like to see what they look like when you're done. Good luck.

Thank you for all your input guys!

If I can find a spot, for sure, I'll post some pics.

Jasma.

Rice is putting something on a car to make it look faster than it actually is (fart cans, spoilers) but I also consider adding BMW style halo lights, Audi style LED strips, Subaru style big round fog lights, etc. on a Mazda, Honda, Toyota, even Ford, Chevy, etc. (domestic rice) as the technology/style belongs on the respective companies' cars and not anything else.

yeah man its a sweet idea. and if you think itsa RICE idea, than why did AUDI come up with it not the CIVICs?

its really original and i think youll see more and more of.
post some pics when you get it done.

Well, if you like it so much, why just not get an Audi?

I have never said it looks bad, no....I just don't like copying. Why try to make our Mazdas look like Audi? I love Mazda5 for what it is, everything I've used to make this car look a bit better goes well with the car and does not look like any other car out there. I like people with good taste and not just to go and buy everything available out there and throw it on your car.

Someone mentioned that mazda owners have been copying BMW's shark antennas and DDE lights, well, that is not true. Almost every new car is available with shark antenna, but they all look different. Mazda guys to to RMP store and get it specifically for their cars (color matched) and not on ebay, so called universal antenna.

You guys are right, it is your car and you can do anything you want with it. I would just hate to see mazdas as a civic replacement.

Sorry if I offended someone here, I didn't mean to

Rice is putting something on a car to make it look faster than it actually is (fart cans, spoilers) but I also consider adding BMW style halo lights, Audi style LED strips, Subaru style big round fog lights, etc. on a Mazda, Honda, Toyota, even Ford, Chevy, etc. (domestic rice) as the technology/style belongs on the respective companies' cars and not anything else.

You are absolutely right about fart cans and huge spoilers. At the same time each car make has their own signature if you know what I mean. LED strip belongs to Audi and I think BMW, but def. not mazda. Every attempt to have LED strips on any other than Audi or BMW vehicles that I've seen so far looked really cheap. In my opinion, by doing so, you are devaluing your car.

(lol)I got a big ass spoiler on my 5...and the shark fin antenna....haha...I'm actually not a fan of the big spoiler, but it's all I could find for the 5....To make matters worse for myself I have Hartge classic rims (usually bimmer specific) on my ricer....I guess it's kinda fitting as I was born in Europe, , raised in Cali, but look JDM....so I'm born to be mixed up a little huh....I drive by the Mazda USA headquarters everyday and get weird looks by the employees going to work in their CX9s and 6s.....even more since I installed the Mazda Tribute specific fogs...(boom03) at least I don't have the fart can....

Attachments

• april09 094.JPG
    april09 094.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
^ cant see anything LOL.

yeah true i wouldnt want to see the mazda 3 take on the same image as he civic, Fart knockers.

I've rarely seen a fart can on a Mazda or Toyota, they all tend to go with Magnaflow, Borla, etc. exhausts if they do upgrade it which actually provide a bit more power and have a deeper tone that's satisfying to listen to. Fart cans are just annoying as **** and provide no go. I was waiting for the bus once in college, heard what I thought was a motorcycle, turned around and it was a Civic accelerating really slowly.

I dunno about the shark fin antennas, yes it was originally a BMW thing but everyone has it now. The Mazda dealer I was at last night was selling functional VG shark fin antennas for $99.

I think some volvos have the shark fin antennas too, so I guess it's more of a euro thing EDM?

I've rarely seen a fart can on a Mazda or Toyota, they all tend to go with Magnaflow, Borla, etc. exhausts if they do upgrade it which actually provide a bit more power and have a deeper tone that's satisfying to listen to. Fart cans are just annoying as **** and provide no go. I was waiting for the bus once in college, heard what I thought was a motorcycle, turned around and it was a Civic accelerating really slowly.

I dunno about the shark fin antennas, yes it was originally a BMW thing but everyone has it now. The Mazda dealer I was at last night was selling functional VG shark fin antennas for $99.

LOL, don't get all bent out of shape. Here is just a short list of the crap that people have put on their cars to copy something upmarket:

Emblems (you name it: //M, AMG, SiR, type R...)
Roof antennas (long mast of VW/Audi/Porsche circa mid 80s, sharkfin of BMW of this decade)
Fake HIDs
BMW headlights
LED tails
Altezza tails
Lambo doors

I don't see the Audi LED strip as being all that different from what has been done before. Fake Rolex, LED headlights, if these things rock your world, knock yourself out.

Lambo-Doors-So-Played-Out.jpg

haha...but have you noticed the new 3 has the sharkfin antenna? hmm...that picture...looks like the 76 gas station on PCH in Newport Beach across from the boat museum....haha I should drive out there and check....but it looks like the civic has an AZ plate...

Last edited:
Not a fan of these, if you call them Audi lights in the description, they have no business being on a Mazda.

i'll bet my ass that in a few years most cars will come stock with led headlights and/or DRL. its not a question of fashion, its the technique of the future. they are simply way more economic and reliable than standard bulbs.

Yeah, and the transverse mounted front wheel drive layout is so Austin Mini. There is a difference between manufacturers copying each other's functional improvements and posers slapping on the latest design element from an upmarket car.

Last edited:
A lot of guys seems to be against any mods on a 5... Or simply that it has to be coming from the outer space, so nobody ever heard about it yet...

Anyways... Here are the pics of the strips finally installed on one of my 2 babies.

Attachments

• 09-05-28-06.jpg
    09-05-28-06.jpg
    196.7 KB · Views: 371
  • 09-06-11-02-.jpg
    09-06-11-02-.jpg
    329.1 KB · Views: 372
  • 09-06-11-03.jpg
    09-06-11-03.jpg
    312.2 KB · Views: 414
  • 09-06-11-07-.jpg
    09-06-11-07-.jpg