- Audi A6 Door Handles on a P5

you dont drive a "push to start" ?, well hell ! i figured you already had that taken care of ! if youre going to go key less, GO KEY LESS !

You got my attention with the title and I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this thread about a plain door handle that no one would notice.

You got my attention with the title and I wasted 2 minutes of my life reading this thread about a plain door handle that no one would notice.

You obviously have no appreciation for Custom work then. People who are passionate about custom work would appreciate the unique difference and hard work it takes to do something like this. Yeah to the Average John doe they might not notice but if your a real Protege enthusiast you wouldn't be saying bad things about this right now most Protege Enthusiasts think it looks awesome! What's a waste is your negative comments that's a waste!

Whoa . . . . .

you dont drive a "push to start" ?, well hell ! i figured you already had that taken care of ! if youre going to go key less, GO KEY LESS !
(blarf)(blarf)(blarf)(blarf)(blarf)(blarf)(blarf)(blarf)(blarf)(blarf)(blarf)(screwy)

You obviously have no appreciation for Custom work then. People who are passionate about custom work would appreciate the unique difference and hard work it takes to do something like this. Yeah to the Average John doe they might not notice but if your a real Protege enthusiast you wouldn't be saying bad things about this right now most Protege Enthusiasts think it looks awesome! What's a waste is your negative comments that's a waste!

Seriously, get off your high horse...you're not more of a "protege enthusiast" than the rest of us because you want to spend a lot of time working on something that is barely noticeable. You seem to think everyone who thinks no one will notice it isn't a connoisseur of custom work. Please, get over yourself. If you want to do it, just do it.

By the way...you asked for advice regarding this project. We're not trying to make fun of you or discourage you for our own enjoyment, we're giving you what you asked for. If some of the advice is negative, it's only because you asked and we're being honest. If you want people to just tell you what you want to hear, this isn't the place.

Seriously, get off your high horse...you're not more of a "protege enthusiast" than the rest of us because you want to spend a lot of time working on something that is barely noticeable. You seem to think everyone who thinks no one will notice it isn't a connoisseur of custom work. Please, get over yourself. If you want to do it, just do it.

By the way...you asked for advice regarding this project. We're not trying to make fun of you or discourage you for our own enjoyment, we're giving you what you asked for. If some of the advice is negative, it's only because you asked and we're being honest. If you want people to just tell you what you want to hear, this isn't the place.

Im not saying that i am more of an enthusiast then any one else im not every one has different talents and in my opinion the ones who right bad stuff obviously aren't talented in that area or they wouldn't waste time writing a bad comment lol! I just think its a real Shame that certain people dont appreciate what a great Mod is when it's started. Whether they like it or not it really doesn't matter to me im not looking for approval to see if they do. Your either for it or against it because when it is done and installed im sure it will look better then there stock handles!(drinks)

+1

Im not saying that i am more of an enthusiast then any one else im not every one has different talents and in my opinion the ones who right bad stuff obviously aren't talented in that area or they wouldn't waste time writing a bad comment lol! I just think its a real Shame that certain people dont appreciate what a great Mod is when it's started. Whether they like it or not it really doesn't matter to me im not looking for approval to see if they do. Your either for it or against it because when it is done and installed im sure it will look better then there stock handles!(drinks)

So why wait to do it? go get it done and prove to all us "lesser enthusiasts" that your Audi handles on a Mazda look so much better then then the OEM ones.

I just think its funny that of all the things you could choose to improve on a protege, *door handles* is what jumped out at you first.

+1

So why wait to do it? go get it done and prove to all us "lesser enthusiasts" that your Audi handles on a Mazda look so much better then then the OEM
ones.
I cant rush into things right now i have other things going on with work that's why.I would definitely like to start it right now though if i didn't. Ill definitely let you know when i start it and finish it. I also never called any body a lesser enthusiast all i said was every body has different talents with cars and it's ashame some people just don't get why im doing this never mind asking me why i am doing it! You either like custom stuff or you dont. But like i said im not worried about it!

Just get a A6... They have more potential than a damn Protege anyway.

I like where your coming from Tungsten 6 lol! I probably would if i had the money lol the A6's have much more Horse power and there more fun to drive lol!

Im not saying that i am more of an enthusiast then any one else...

...but if your a real Protege enthusiast you wouldn't be saying bad things about this right now...

You can't have it both ways.

every one has different talents and in my opinion the ones who right bad stuff obviously aren't talented in that area or they wouldn't waste time writing a bad comment lol!

This is why you get so many negative comments. You just stated that everyone else who disagrees with you (including myself) "aren't talented in that area". How can you possibly have any idea what we're good at? Do you have any idea what our experience levels are with the protege5? Insulting those of us who have owned and worked on P5s for a long time just because we give our opinion doesn't win you any friends, nor does it help you with information you're trying to find.

You can't have it both ways.

This is why you get so many negative comments. You just stated that everyone else who disagrees with you (including myself) "aren't talented in that area". How can you possibly have any idea what we're good at? Do you have any idea what our experience levels are with the protege5? Insulting those of us who have owned and worked on P5s for a long time just because we give our opinion doesn't win you any friends, nor does it help you with information you're trying to find.
Im not judging any body here or taking inventory at what people can or can not do. But if you tell some one your installing custom handles and then you get a comment like i Just wasted 2 minutes of my life looking at a door Handle seriously then they shouldn't even bother to write things like that because it just takes the fun away from every one else that would want to consider something like that. Yeah people can write what ever they want but the whole idea is to try and help each other out not see who cant act like the biggest jerk for the heck of it. My whole point is for people who are really into custom body work or are involved in it they wouldn't right stuff like that that's why i wrote they probably are not talented referring that there not into that kind of work that's all.

Im not judging any body here or taking inventory at what people can or can not do. But if you tell some one your installing custom handles and then you get a comment like i Just wasted 2 minutes of my life looking at a door Handle seriously then they shouldn't even bother to write things like that because it just takes the fun away from every one else that would want to consider something like that. Yeah people can write what ever they want but the whole idea is to try and help each other out not see who cant act like the biggest jerk for the heck of it. My whole point is for people who are really into custom body work or are involved in it they wouldn't right stuff like that that's why i wrote they probably are not talented referring that there not into that kind of work that's all.

you realize your talking about door handles.. not a shaved hatch/trunk lid, shaved bumper, shaved door handles or other body modification on a car that people would notice? Most people even those that work to change everything on their cars would never notice the door handles were changed to a different version, its just the way it is.

Im all for doing things different and changing cars, dont believe me check out my build thread there are not too many OEM pieces left on my car.. inside and out but door handles are far from the top of the list of visual things to change for most people.

you realize your talking about door handles.. not a shaved hatch/trunk lid, shaved bumper, shaved door handles or other body modification on a car that people would notice? Most people even those that work to change everything on their cars would never notice the door handles were changed to a different version, its just the way it is.

Im all for doing things different and changing cars, dont believe me check out my build thread there are not too many OEM pieces left on my car.. inside and out but door handles are far from the top of the list of visual things to change for most people.

Ok man i here where your coming from and im glad you have a passion for customizing things on cars and such or just upgrades as well. Your probably right man most people wouldn't notice but if i went to a Protege Car show im sure some body there would eventually notice but to any given stranger they probablly wouldn't notice a thing. I realize there not the Top thing on the list either. I just liked the Audi A6 Wagon because its a little simular to the Protege 5 in a way thats one of the reasons that im doing it.. Im also installing RX8 mirrors on My P5 to and i know im also customizing them to fit as well. Thanks for your insight.

Ok man i here where your coming from and im glad you have a passion for customizing things on cars and such or just upgrades as well. Your probably right man most people wouldn't notice but if i went to a Protege Car show im sure some body there would eventually notice but to any given stranger they probablly wouldn't notice a thing. I realize there not the Top thing on the list either. I just liked the Audi A6 Wagon because its a little simular to the Protege 5 in a way thats one of the reasons that im doing it.. Im also installing RX8 mirrors on My P5 to and i know im also customizing them to fit as well. Thanks for your insight.

I've been to so many shows and people not even notice the hatch is shaved, bumper is shaved or the fact all the black parts of my car are real CF.. unless its a crazy color or something that is really different it just blends in at shows and these are shows where 90% of the people would know if something was not OEM.

the point being made here is, very few people would notice.

if you walk up to a dodge neon, and it has bmw handles would you notice?

if its what you want to do, then do it.
but dont ask for an opinion on a car forum and not expect to get your feelings hurt.

take it with a grain of salt. to each there own.

the point being made here is, very few people would notice.

if you walk up to a dodge neon, and it has bmw handles would you notice?

if its what you want to do, then do it.
but dont ask for an opinion on a car forum and not expect to get your feelings hurt.

Thanks Man i appreciate that and i do realize that . Your right you have to take it with a grain of salt and like i said in the other post people ether appreciate it or they dont even if its not noticable. Im not worried about it at all.

take it with a grain of salt. to each there own.

I've been to so many shows and people not even notice the hatch is shaved, bumper is shaved or the fact all the black parts of my car are real CF.. unless its a crazy color or something that is really different it just blends in at shows and these are shows where 90% of the people would know if something was not OEM.

Hmmm. . . . . I see what you mean most people don't really notice it. I guess for people that are into custom Body work and stuff like that there the type of people that would probably notice more because they would probably look for it. Then again any one could miss it if there not looking for it!(boom06)

I say go for it. It will be a really cool mod and it'll clean up the look of your car, and thats not to say P5's are bad looking or anything, cause I love mine....but im pretty sure I'll love it even more after I put some work into it and tweak the overall look and performance of it. Lol.

Dont let people get on your nerves. I understood everything you said and how you meant it. Obviously some ppl like to twist things around and make it sound like theyre smarter than you. They say how you basically wasted their time but yet they go all the way through it copy and pasting things that was said. Seems like theyre going out of their way to pretty much try and tear you down. Lol. pretty pathetic if you ask me. Now that I just said this, theyll probably come at me as well....or maybe theyll realize that theres some truth behind what im saying and decide not act like hormone drivin high school kid. Lol

Back