*ATTENTION* Permanent Clunk Fix - FOOLPROOF!!!

I did the same thing three weeks ago. Same here, no clunk. Yet. I only have about 1100 miles on mine and so far so good.
Good job!:D

Patrick

I agree ^^
Though I like Micaspeed!'s idea a bit more (theoretically), and will probably hold off for that.

09 Dec Update

Still....even more miles with extreme cold conditions....not a peep. No clunk, no squeal. Don't hate. :p

Yes, its great news. My only worry, should it continue to stay quiet (obviously that's the goal:)) would be the crazy stresses on the bar over time...since the hold is so solid with the fix that the sound is still staying away, how much stress can the bar take before it gets weakened or possibly even bends/breaks. If you think about Micaspeeds! explination and apply any physics/engineering classes that you may have taken, it seems like something will eventually have to give. Noise or no noise.
But again, its great to see that this is working so well for so long(thumb)

At the time I had no other alternative but to come up with a so-called 'fix' I do realize that there is a lot of stress on that bar, but what else is there to do? It's a flawed design; therefore we have to work with what we have. So far I am satisfied, and I hope it will suffice throughout the life of the car. I cant see anything breaking besides the bolts that hold the bracketsthey are definitely the weak points...I know. When I first put the brackets back on, I stripped one of the bolts. After a day of driving I heard a loud 'POP' and the bolt came out. I simply rethreaded the hole with a larger bolt and tightened it back down. Problem solved.

Yeah, I'm thinking for the cost Melanism has definitely found a "fix" the daily driver. I completely agree that far more stress is probably being added to the bar than originally designed for, but I know even living in Hawaii with curvy mountain roads and horridly uneven pavement I still don't put the suspension through too much trauma. I'm going for it, but I can see how for someone who runs Auto-X this wouldn't be a very good idea. As for the warranty issues, hell I blew those away last weekend. If I ever have a problem with my suspension and go to the dealer they'll send me packing when they see the Teins.

Thanks for the idea Melanism and the consistent updates. Think it's time to fight back against the clunk cause mine is geting real bad.

Oh yeah, Melanism, I'm totally with you. This is the BEST and most reliable fix to be developed, you've got that credential. You should send in the 'ol resume to MNAO and put some bad Mazda engineers out of a job ;)

Melanism said:
I know. When I first put the brackets back on, I stripped one of the bolts. After a day of driving I heard a loud 'POP' and the bolt came out. I simply rethreaded the hole with a larger bolt and tightened it back down. Problem solved.

i snapped the weld on the nut welded to the frame, while un-doing one of the brackets.. i just got a new bolt and nut, and stuck it through the frame, ans used an open end wrench to hold it.

probally b/c i have had these bushing on and off 20 times:wtf:

Im still clunk free:D

06 jan Update

Not a peep. Holding tight. No squeal. Wish I could say the same for the front. But nothing a little silicone spray wont fix. At least it's no clunk up front.

Re: 06 jan Update

Melanism said:
Not a peep. Holding tight. No squeal. Wish I could say the same for the front. But nothing a little silicone spray wont fix. At least it's no clunk up front.

Awesome. Yeah, my front squeaks too. Where do you spray the silicon?

Re: Re: 06 jan Update

Kooldino said:
Awesome. Yeah, my front squeaks too. Where do you spray the silicon?

If you turn each wheel so that you can access the back of it good, or just take the wheel off, you can peek in there and see the rubber bushing, set back behind the firewall a bit. Spray away!

Back