ATP wastegate?

AnthonyMSP

:
Mazdaspeed Protege 2003.5
Does anyone know which wastegate would work best for replacement of stock?everyone seems to be pointing at the ATP brand, but I'm not sure which exact model would be best/fit right, my car is pretty much bone stock but my wastegate's diaphragm went bad, if you know which one I should get post me a link please! And maybe a how to: remove/install without having to remove the manifold and turbo? Thanks (ugh)

Yeah I heard they were good too but they are like twice the price of the ATP's I found, I just need something that will work good and won't cost me an arm and a leg right now, do you know where to get one?

Where to get an ATP wastegate diaphragm... Did you ever think in a million years to CHECK ATP???

No s***?! Really?!?! I'm asking what psi and all, and the way that the ATP looks, the bar part isn't straight like the stock is so I wasn't sure if it was for the stock turbo or not, all the ones on ATP say for like t28's and stuff, but not the stock t25, that's why I was asking, wise ass

Protegegarage carries the one you need, and it's listed. Although Forge is the better of the 2 since you can adjust boost from it and it's rebuildable.
Word on the street is the ATP hold boost better but is only good for about 20K miles

Well now that you say it only lasts 20k I'm kinda skeptic.. How about the HKS wastegates? They're pretty cute too, and still not quite as pricy as the Forge

I'm not saying thst 20K is for sure. But if you search the threads it's been mentioned several times. and is the only complaint!!
I didn'y know HKS made a WGA for the MSP.
I was always under the impression that ATP, Forge and stock were our only options.
Either way spend a little more go with Forge and be happy you bought a nice unit.
Post a thread on Protegegarages sub forum and get a great price through them!!

Yeah there is an HKS wastegate for 115 on *************.com, they have a huge selection of in depth parts for the msp, I was suprised, there are a few things on my list from that site lol

I am using ATP and everything is fine so far. I got mine from Crossover autoperformance. I haven't had any issues at all

I've been rocking the ATP for about 40k miles with no issues yet.... SteAdy boost every single day, rain or shine

the atp wga holds about 8psi from what i've read. what about the forge and the hks?

Forge can hold what ever you set it too I'm currently running 4-5 PSI but have had it up to 8 psi. by tighening the spring. If I was forged I could get the 10-15 psi spring.

Im just going to be getting a 6psi ATP WGA, and getting a greddy boost controler to control the boost....

my wga holds 6psi. i might be the only one left rocking the stocker. lol

Back