Atlanta car show

If there is enough interest my dealership will host a Mazda only car show in the Atlanta area at our dealership, Hennessy Mazda, I need to know who would show if we had one. We are looking for 35-50 cars to start with. Let me know

Thank you,
Keith

If you did I'd hit it up if the timing was right. Not sure how much interest this will draw, but there is a healthy population of 6 owners and RX-7s. I'd like to be there and could be. What's the rest of the details look like? I am not really into shows per say, but the couple that our protege group have done were always for charity, I'd like to continue that trend. Is that a possibilty, that the entrance fee go to a charity? Even if it isn't your game maybe we could arrange something for our fees to go. I like to think that it helps alot of us that stick to the go aspect of cars appreciate the show aspect a little bit more. Pretty much all of the Pro owners Autox. I know all this might sound a little gay, just a suggestion to help pull some of us race guys in. And it does mean alot to us. We still take pride in the appearance of our cars, just don't care to show it off. I am open to any of your comments, suggestions, and let me know if this interests you and I can possibly help you out in any way possible.

ABSOLUTELY. Our goal in the future is to become involved with Road Atlanta and other shows that are out there. I am in contact with a Florida dealer that does the 12 hours of sebring, or something to that effect which is a race event and they have the driver come in and all to the dealership and sign autographs, and we are looking to get there as well. We (being the dealership) have not talked about what if any entry fee will be applied. We may not use one, but if we did we are definitely a community focussed dealership and could look to having that go toward a local charity. If you could get some of your friends that you talk to that own mazdas that you think would be interested and get back to me with an approximate number of people. We are looking at Friday nights but no dates have come close to being set because we don't know what the interest level is yet. Thank you for your response and as things get a little more developed I will let you know.

I'll work on it. We know Sebring very well, a group usually hits it for the first PLMS race of the season and a huge group of us camp out at RA for Petit. Also through these forums we have good connections with the Tripoint Mazda Team, who won the touring class this year in SWC, and could probably get some swag as well as signed things, posters and what not. It would be a bit of a trek to have them here just for the show unless it fell close to PLM. I went to the Aston Martin event right before PLM '06 and we all had a blast and they did full speed pit changes with burn outs in the parking lot, it was insane, so of course any involvement like that is a plus. I can work on the Protege owners since I am one and I'll try to get in touch with other cars and see if they can kinda get some interest. I am nearing the end of my car payments and could use a good dealer to consider for my next purchase. I am considering mazdaspeed 6, rx8, and cx7. But that is still a couple months away.

I'd be down. I'm also trying to get a group down to the Rolex Sports Car 24 Hours of Daytona.

I'd be there.

Friday nights are a good time for me.

If you are looking for something to sponsor, the Atlanta Region SCCA is ALWAYS looking for sponsors, especially the Solo/Autocross Program.

I can get you in touch with the right people to talk to.

that would be awesome. I mean this car show is for us to start entering the world of the Mazda Motorsports from a local dealership level. Sure though I would appreciate getting in contact with the SCCA for the Atlanta Region

i am definatly in for a car show. I work at a dealership myself and wish more dealerships would take an interest in their sportscar minded customers.

And this....THIS is why I miss you USA.
I can't wait to come back.

It depends. If, as Scott said, and as I'd like to see, we can keep this going as a charitable thing (as it's been in the past), I wouldn't mind doing that.

It depends. If, as Scott said, and as I'd like to see, we can keep this going as a charitable thing (as it's been in the past), I wouldn't mind doing that.

I don't think there was any intent of there being an entry fee. I'm sure they just had publicity/foot traffic in mind. You can just bring the cars and make a donation to the charity of your choice if you like, though.

Yeah for the most part there was talk about an entry fee but there was never one established as of yet. Really though that would be part of the details I was talking about that would be more established after we get a number as of right now from three different forums I have about 9 people overall that are saying they would come out and several that are checking into getting more people and again we are looking to get about 35 so once we get that kind of interest all the other details will be ironed out and in the meantime I will look into making a charity donation if we establish an entry fee.

It's easier to get an accurate interest if you provide a date or series of dates you want to hold this show.

Last edited by a moderator:
This would be something we are starting to plan out now so we can make sure everything goes right but we are thinking end February early March. Does anyone have an idea of when Road Atlanta is going to be?

Back