Atl Area Alignment

ratswagon

Contributor
:
02 S-Wagon
I am getting ready to install coilovers in the next month or so and was curious of a good place to get an alignment. Any suggestions?

how much is it? if you hit a pot-hole, how much do they charge to redo it?

Umm... they charge you the same price if you hit a pot-hole and **** it up. It's not like they come with warranties.

It usually is $80 for 4 wheel and $40 for 2 wheel. But prices may vary.

I did Butler Tire in Austell for a 4 wheel alignment with the satellite and all was like 60 bucks I think.

I could be wrong its been...dang like 4 years since I've been there but REALLY nice guys even allowed me to change my rear camber and save 100 bucks on the spot.

BigB said:
Umm... they charge you the same price if you hit a pot-hole and **** it up. It's not like they come with warranties.

It usually is $80 for 4 wheel and $40 for 2 wheel. But prices may vary.
i ask because i bought a lifetime alignment at firestone for $99. I've used it 4 or 5 times now. They set the front camber and toe to what I ask. Does Grantourismo use any other special equipment?

Rogue said:
i ask because i bought a lifetime alignment at firestone for $99. I've used it 4 or 5 times now. They set the front camber and toe to what I ask. Does Grantourismo use any other special equipment?

Such as what? It's a Hunter Laser Alignment rack and Jeff has been doing alignments for 30 years. He does most of the local race cars as well as out of towners here for races.

But what do I know, I"m sure Firestone is top notch and knows how to squeeze that last little bit of camber out for you, or set up the toe to account for your weight? Do you always have the same tech at Firestone who knows your car?

NM I even said anything. :rolleyes:

I have an email into Gran Turismo East for pricing and additional info and will let you guys know what they say.

BigB said:
Such as what? It's a Hunter Laser Alignment rack and Jeff has been doing alignments for 30 years. He does most of the local race cars as well as out of towners here for races.

But what do I know, I"m sure Firestone is top notch and knows how to squeeze that last little bit of camber out for you, or set up the toe to account for your weight? Do you always have the same tech at Firestone who knows your car?

NM I even said anything. :rolleyes:
I'm so sure we're all at that level where that "last little bit of camber" is going to be the difference between 1st and 2nd place.

Ratswagon, if you plan on making any changes to your suspension after you put it on, and/or this car is your daily driver, then go somewhere like Firestone and get a lifetime alignment. If the car is going to be a dedicated racecar, or you drive on smooth road w/o any potholes or curbs, then go to Gran Tourismo.

Rogue said:

....yeah cause firestone did an awesome job last time they aligned your car and then i aligned it

FYI- Here is the email that GTE sent to me:

"Thanks for your inquiry. The 4-wheel alignment starts at $100 and the rest we won't know until we have the car here, it usually does not go more than $200 for everything. Please give us a call to schedule an appointment.770-455-0347."

I did call them and they do not warranty their alignments. I am supposed to go talk to the shop that tunes my buddies 996 turbo as they will keep it aligned for 6 months to a year and they are not real expensive either (according to him but he drives a Porsche). :D

Shadow102 said:
well if you want a place that is cheap but has no warrenty let me know
will you be able to do one in the next couple weeks? I'd like to get the miata at least aligned (won't have a chance to get it corner weighted) before the 1st event.

aMaff said:
will you be able to do one in the next couple weeks? I'd like to get the miata at least aligned (won't have a chance to get it corner weighted) before the 1st event.

yeah i dont see that being a problem. do you have the suspension installed on the car yet? If you cant get it corner weighted just make sure the ride height is the same all around

I highly doubt I'll be able to corner weight it in time, but I know where I need to set the heights (more or less). Won't be optimal, but it will be even.

Shadow102 said:
well if you want a place that is cheap but has no warrenty let me know

Cheap is always good!!! :D

aMaff said:
I highly doubt I'll be able to corner weight it in time, but I know where I need to set the heights (more or less). Won't be optimal, but it will be even.

Where do you get your car corner weighed at? Is this necessary when you install coilovers? Sorry if this is a dumb ? but I am new to coilovers.

It's not necessary, but if you're using them for performance and not looks, it's definately a big plus. Most speed shops (like GTE) have the scales there. As it's time intensive, it's generally not cheap.

Last edited:
Back