ATF Question

My fluid hadn't been checked in a while. At 55k it looked like it needed changing. It was messy, but I just did a DIY flush as spelled out in another forum for the mazda 3 (exact same for the 5). I used 12 qts of mazda MV (M5) which was 7.58/qt vs 10.00/qt for the ford fusion equiv. The fluid went from really brownish with just a hint of red to the new color. Due to time constraints I passed on the filter change and pan cleaning. Don't do like me and forget to get a new crush washer for the drain plug. And wait till the car is hot again to finish topping off the fluid or you'll be looking for a topsider to suck the excess out. Taking my time the job took me about 3-4 hrs including cleanup. I'm sure next time would be faster. I took a few pics of the flush process if anyone is interested.

My fluid hadn't been checked in a while. At 55k it looked like it needed changing. It was messy, but I just did a DIY flush as spelled out in another forum for the mazda 3 (exact same for the 5). I used 12 qts of mazda MV (M5) which was 7.58/qt vs 10.00/qt for the ford fusion equiv. The fluid went from really brownish with just a hint of red to the new color. Due to time constraints I passed on the filter change and pan cleaning. Don't do like me and forget to get a new crush washer for the drain plug. And wait till the car is hot again to finish topping off the fluid or you'll be looking for a topsider to suck the excess out. Taking my time the job took me about 3-4 hrs including cleanup. I'm sure next time would be faster. I took a few pics of the flush process if anyone is interested.

Love to see the photos.

Does anyone have either a part number or the dimensions of the crush washer for the transmission? Is it the same as the oil pan drain plug?

1C97951.jpg

Looks like it has p/n 99564-1400, is that the part you're looking for?

And something that makes sense to me but I verified as well. The washers are the same for the transmission plug and the oil plug. Dorman 095-147 is a replacement. Amazon says it isn't but RockAuto and O'Reilly, as well as the Dorman website, say it is

Back