ASA AR1s + BFG g-Force Sports

2ManyCars

:
2008 MS3 GT (SOLD)
I could not find any pictures with AR1s so I figured I would post a few I snapped after putting these on today. The rims are ASA AR1s 18" x 7.5" and the tires are BFG g-Force Sport 235x40x18. Although these tires are less expensive than stock, the cornering and traction feel improved. That's most likely due to the greater width. They also look very cool from behind and give the car a more aggressive look...

Attachments

• Mazda - Front - Low.jpg
    Mazda - Front - Low.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 308
  • Mazda - Front - Right.jpg
    Mazda - Front - Right.jpg
    259.3 KB · Views: 429
  • Mazda - Back.jpg
    Mazda - Back.jpg
    208.7 KB · Views: 325
My cousin has these on his 300zx and said he loves them so i was thinking about getting them too, any chance they come in 215/45?

I was really surprised by how much different the car felt. It always felt a bit light to me before. Now it's much stickier and feels a ton more substantial in corners. Now I guess I need to paint the calipers. I'm thinking black. What do you guys think?

i think usually black would not be a good choice because they kind of get lost behind the wheel, but your spokes are thin enough i think it'll be nice.

Those wheels look great. I had the same tires on my last car. I loved them. I was thinking about the same wheel/tire package for my car, but instead of silver, getting the black AR1's. I am unsure how they will look on a Cosmic Blue MS3.

I had a set of black AR1s. IMO, black with a polished lip doesn't look very good. Makes the wheels look small. This is my golf. The wheels look like 18s in this picture because the golf has smaller wheel wells. Plus, I needed them to fit over my 13.1 inch brakes. :)

285128058_d52838ac12_o.jpg

In black:

front_angle.jpg

I've since had the windows tinted 20%, it looks great with the black wheels.

So, youre not having any rubbing issues with the 235's? That's great news for me if so, because i've been thinking of upsizing on my next set. I know this wheel is a great fit for the MS3, the offset is within 1-2mm of the stock wheels.

Last edited:
2ManyCars, have you had any rubbing issues with this wheel and tire setup?

Not yet. The tire is just slightly smaller in diameter to the original but about 3/4" wider. It seems to fit fine. It might be an issue if the car was lowered.

Side Pics

Here you go...

Attachments

• Wheels - Side1.jpg
    Wheels - Side1.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 147
  • Wheels - Side2.jpg
    Wheels - Side2.jpg
    189.3 KB · Views: 162
Those would look fricken great on a Silver one! I think i found my wheels! Thanks, lol(drive2)

I plan to as long as theres no rubbing issues since im going with coil overs. I do like the color on those with the machined lip and will look perfect on sunlight silver. Tirerack is blowing out the chrome versions of those as well but to much added weight and bling. Nice choice of wheels my friend :) What was the total price if you dont mind me asking? Tirerack?

Last edited:
Back