Are the upper seat covers interchangable?

lunchbox16

:
mazdaspped 3 2008
my drivers side seat has a tear in it. i found a used upper cover for the passenger side. are there any differences between each seat? they look the same to me.

if they have side airbags or seat mounted airbags they are not interchangeable...if they look completely symmetrical and headrests are mounted exactly center than it might be possible...

the cover is designed to split open when the airbag deploys if you have the wrong cover on the airbag might not deploy fully or cause unexpected injury... Not a good idea... if you look closely at the seat you will see a small srs tag or airbag inscription... I know this because i have done several leather interiors on hondas and mazdas with and without seat mounted airbags...

the cover is designed to split open when the airbag deploys if you have the wrong seat cover on the airbag might not deploy fully or cause unexpected injury... Not a good idea... if you look closely at the seat you will see a small srs tag or airbag inscription... I know this because i have done several leather interiors on hondas and mazdas with and without seat mounted airbags...

I never thought of that, i was really expecting it's okay to interchange seat covers, thanks for the heads up bro! will keep it in mind...

Back